The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Canucks 2018-19 blueline

I'm fine with trading Tanev  or using him to insulate the youth (Juolevi) and for the most part leaving the D alone for next year. Next year will be a full rebuild year. I'm fine with that.

2 of Pouliot, Hutton, Stetcher, Juolevi will step fwd as top 4 D. Gud gets the pass for intangibles. MDZ is likely deadline fodder. Maybe we win the lotto but that wont change much next season.

8 hours ago, vinny_in_vancouver said:

Two words: Nikita Tryamkin

Trade his rights in a package for Madison Bowey.

Bowey may not have gotten any goals but he got more points in 51 games than Tryamkin has scored in 79.

He's an RFA and would be playing in the NHL. We need help now and in the future, not a what if. 

Maybe Ovechkin can convince Nikita to come back to the NHL. 

28 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Trade his rights in a package for Madison Bowey.

Bowey may not have gotten any goals but he got more points in 51 games than Tryamkin has scored in 79.

He's an RFA and would be playing in the NHL. We need help now and in the future, not a what if. 

Maybe Ovechkin can convince Nikita to come back to the NHL. 

And what’s Vancouver adding to convince them to trade a young NHL defencenan for a guy that may or may not come over in 2 years? 

4 hours ago, qwijibo said:

I’ll make you a bet.  I say he won’t be in the Canucks lineup for 2018-19.  What do you want to wager? 

Wow. Three letters, and so defensive! I was going to wager "sense of humour", but... Btw, did you know that Tryamkin's team almost folded last year? Did you know that there have been players released by KHL in the middle of their contract that moved to the NHL?

1 hour ago, vinny_in_vancouver said:

Wow. Three letters, and so defensive! I was going to wager "sense of humour", but... Btw, did you know that Tryamkin's team almost folded last year? Did you know that there have been players released by KHL in the middle of their contract that moved to the NHL?

And still  I’m confident that he won’t be in the Canucks lineup this coming season. So what’s the wager chuckles? 

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 11:41 PM, burrardstreetbullies said:

after wanting to vomit several times from one of the weakest blue lines in the league and one lacking total leadership. how will big Jim turn it around this summer? unless hutton doubles his cardio this summer and grows a set of nuts i highly doubt he will make it past November this yea.              but in all reality if jimmy can magically sign this guy who has currently been a bum https://www.nhl.com/player/mike-green-8471242  

to a reasonable 2-3 year contract for the epoch of his career then i would be happy. because like i said this blue line needs a no1 d-man or close too it, edler will never be that same with guddy and del zotto.     drop your thoughts in the thread below

Think in terms of 3 to 4 years from now.

Undoubtedly the team could be revamped into a playoff team, they only to be better than 3 other teams for that and LA and Anaheim look like they may tank next year, but is just making the playoffs with this little lineup in the best interests of the club, to be one and done and out of the lottery?

Does the team really need a 35 year old and another slow dman? Use the cap space for buying a bad contract and getting a high pick.

The D in three years could look like

Tryamkin - Biega

Stecher - Hutton

Gudbranson - OJ

2018 draft pick - 2018 draft pick

Del Zotto - 2014/17 draft pick.

Maybe even Karlsson or Doughty.

BTW I think Hutton has more fights than Gudbranson.

AND 2020/21 could be a labour stoppage year, Bettman has a 100% record of stoppages when CBA's expire.   

28 minutes ago, Pr3mo said:

Does anyone think Carolina would consider something like Gaudette and Hutton for Jake Bean and a late round pick?( Recoup our 4th). Bean could turn into the pmd we need.

If we trade Gaudette it’s for a sure thing young D.  

And no trades with Carolina/Quebec City.  

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

If we trade Gaudette it’s for a sure thing young D.  

And no trades with Carolina/Quebec City.  

Didn't think of Gaudette much and this isn't really about trading for a dman but do you think he is worth a top draft pick if packaged to Ottawa? And the Nucks then draft a dman?

2 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Didn't think of Gaudette much and this isn't really about trading for a dman but do you think he is worth a top draft pick if packaged to Ottawa? And the Nucks then draft a dman?

We don’t have the depth in our youngins to trade one off just yet.  I could see a very near future, where we trade a young star forward for a young star defence man.  Like how Columbus got Seth Jones.  

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

We don’t have the depth in our youngins to trade one off just yet.  I could see a very near future, where we trade a young star forward for a young star defence man.  Like how Columbus got Seth Jones.  

Not sure about that exact scenario.  We arent going to get rid of Horvat or Pettersson and I dont believe (though havent ruled out) Gaudette will be a star top 6 guy.  But a solid prospect... we can do.

Our forward depth will be excellent... shortly. Right now its actually ok if we want low end or reclamation projects playing. But soon enough we are going to have an overflow of mid level prospects that we can indeed use to bolster the d.  I think we will have assets by volume if nothing else.  

Draft.. Of course.  But theres more than one way to fix our d.

Archived