The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Canucks 2018-19 blueline

On 4/18/2018 at 10:07 AM, Mike Vanderhoek said:

First, your initial sentence is false if you believe that the team lacks total leadership on the blue line as Edler is probably the closest to Captain material on this team with exception of Horvat who may or may not be ready for that role of carrying the "C".

I think Edler is someone who is taken for granted in excess here on CDC, not sure why but gets the " Dana Murzyn treatment here " lol.

Mike Green as a veteran provides quality offensive ability for sure, something the Canucks could use without a doubt, but his defensive game is on par with guys like Edler for example already anyways. Yes they could throw north of $ 5m per season on a 2 year ? offer at Green, but with a diminished Free Agent pool this summer he will likely get higher compensation and longer term, the Canucks won't invest in longer term for someone over 30 years old, they've stated such already.

I would expect changes to be made via trade or building depth with well, depth players this off season. They can afford to keep drafting and work towards throwing a contract at a better option next Free Agency.

i open to benning making a trade for shea weber lulz

Archived