The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PDF: (P1) Vegas Golden Knights vs. (P3) San Jose Sharks | Golden Knights win series 4-2

2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 2  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Golden Knights in 4
    • Golden Knights in 5
    • Golden Knights in 6
    • Golden Knights in 7
    • Sharks in 4
    • Sharks in 5
    • Sharks in 6
    • Sharks in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/29/2018 at 12:00 AM

Two of the most underrated team defenses going at it. This could be the great series that outside of Columbus/Washington we haven't seen yet in the first round.

There's been some good hockey, and I suppose anything can still happen in the Leafs/Bruins series, but usually the first round produces some of the best series of the playoffs and that just hasn't happened yet. I'm still hoping to see a good old fashioned Canuck comeback from 3-1 down somewhere.

But back to this series... I like San Jose here. They're now my darkhorse pick to win it all. They're not as reliant on their top line to score goals as the Kings were, and they're just as comfortable in a tight 0-0 game. Of course, Vegas just keeps doing their thing. Excellent positioning and great sticks, everyone competes hard for pucks in all zones.

7 minutes ago, D-Money said:

People have been saying this throughout the season, yet Vegas keeps on rolling.

I honestly don't care who wins either way, I just think the Sharks have too much experience in the Playoffs to let Vegas take them by storm. The surprise factor has been Vegas's biggest advantage, they are a pretty good team but I don't know if they are "deep playoff run" good. It's definitely possible they keep surprising though.

7 minutes ago, Riviera82 said:

Fleury usually turns into a pumpkin at some point in the playoffs so I'll say it happens in this series. Sharks in 7.

Vegas is in tough even with Fleury at the top of his game. If he "turns into a pumpkin" (:lol:) the Sharks would have a field day and it would be a short series imo.

It's funny, the VGK-LAK series reminded me of our battle against LA in 2012. We were the favourites and an experienced playoff team expecting to get to the 2nd round, but we were caught by surprise and had our whole world turned upside down.

It was a sweep, but it wasn't like Vegas blew LA away with its offence. San Jose is going to be a much tougher opponent. Jones is standing on his head as well. I think this is where Vegas meets its match, SJ in 7. 

Archived