The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Kevin Bieksa

He is not an everyday player anymore but he would come cheap and be a great mentor for some of the younger guys on this team. The guy is a warrior. If you get him for 1 million I take him all day long over some of the euro experiments , ( Larsson) ect we have tried. I don't think you can have enough leadership and with the twins gone I think hes worth a serious look. 

6 minutes ago, garthsbutcher said:

He is not an everyday player anymore but he would come cheap and be a great mentor for some of the younger guys on this team. The guy is a warrior. If you get him for 1 million I take him all day long over some of the euro experiments , ( Larsson) ect we have tried. I don't think you can have enough leadership and with the twins gone I think hes worth a serious look. 

Maybe signing him as a coach?  He was (is still) a great fighter.  Maybe he could help our guys with the fisticuffs? 

7 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I suppose if Tanev is moved and Juice doesn't mind being a 7/8 guy. 

Agreed. I like him but there is no room ``right`` now. Also if it isn`t Tanev and Guddy is the one traded then Juice can drop into the 6 spot. Signed to a one yr and traded at the deadline.

1 minute ago, Sundstrom17 said:

Agreed. I like him but there is no room ``right`` now. Also if it isn`t Tanev and Guddy is the one traded then Juice can drop into the 6 spot. Signed to a one yr and traded at the deadline.

thats about it. It wouldn't be something I'd be on pins and needles waiting for but he'd be a great room guy. 

56 minutes ago, garthsbutcher said:

OMG That would be terrible, he is a healthy scratch for a reason???? Age 35 to slow for todays NHL

Play a Sautner 23 before a Bieksa 35 way to slow...Only thing he could bring is toughness ....Make him a 4th line winger??? lol lol

We will need to address bringing in some gritty tough guys that can play hockey!!! There just hard to find..

Stiil have not replaced the Dorsett  style of a player..We have lots of young players and will need a tough D man and a tough forward..

Hard to find these guys as the game is fast and we can't have the old goon type player....

Just now, Quantum said:

No, he's WAY past his prime.

I salute the great soldier's work Kevin has done for the franchise but he was essentially way past his prime when Benning dealt him to the Ducks.  I'm shocked Benning was able to actually get a 2nd round pick AND not take any salary back in the deal.  Great trade.  And again, I bow to all the blood & sweat Kevin gave to the team but it was time to move on.  Give him a front office job with the Canucks when he retires as repayment.  Might be a good coach someday (D).

Archived