-Vintage Canuck-

Norris Trophy finalists unveiled

Rate this topic

2018 Norris Trophy  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Norris Trophy?

Has to be Hedman, he had a fantastic season this year.

• Upvote 1

Hedman hands down. First 6 votes are in his favour. Looks pretty straightforward.

Just now, Rush17 said:

Hedman hands down. First 6 votes are in his favour. Looks pretty straightforward.

Make that 7

I haven't looked at this in-depth since halfway through the season. Back then, Hedman was barely top 10 for me. Offensively, he's clearly the winner here now, but defense is harder to see. From what I can see though, it looks like he offensively stepped up his game in the back half of the season. I voted Subban, based on my mid-season analysis. I don't really have the time to do an in-depth analysis of the entire season now, haha.

13 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

12 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Make that 7

Yes, I was in with an early vote for Hedman. In this group he leads in goals and scoring by small margins. The margins go up if we look at scoring per game or per 60 minutes, as he missed a few games. Hedman also leads in +/- by bigger margins, which is meaningful given the amount of shutdown he plays. He is big and strong and has a complete game. And I admit this should not matter, but the other two have already won.

• Upvote 1

It's really down to Subban or Hedman. My money's on Hedman.

I wish this was the final nail in Bergevin’s coffin.  But it won’t be. 

Be nice when this becomes a trophy for defense again.   One of the three played great D this year.   Several much better D candidates (Vlasic first and foremost) but because they don't play forward half the time leaving their partner to defend, they don't get votes.

Bring back the real Dman award!   

• Upvote 2

Hedman.   Best all-round defender of that group, period.   

15 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Be nice when this becomes a trophy for defense again.   One of the three played great D this year.   Several much better D candidates (Vlasic first and foremost) but because they don't play forward half the time leaving their partner to defend, they don't get votes.

Bring back the real Dman award!   

If that were true the Nominees would have been John Carlson, Brent Burns and John Klingberg. 

Hedman, Subban and Doughty are all great 2 way dmen that also play a real tight solid defensive game. My nod this year does go to Hedman.

Why is Subban in this at all? He's not even the best Dman is Nashville.