The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Ryan Miller for Anders Nilsson

Real simple. Bring Ryan back. The ducks clearly don't respect him... He shoulda got 60 games this season + all playoff games. 

John Gibson couldn't win a single game for them... Yet they stuck with him? Over Ryan? 

Ryan can't be happy... We saw his face in the handshake line up. 

Anders just hasn't worked out well in Vancouver. But he had incredible stats vs buffalo and is younger with some upside so Anaheim agrees 

So I say we do the trade straight up 

To VAN: Ryan Miller 

To ANA: Anders Nilsson 

Win win. Thoughts? 

Ride Miller 40ish games, Marky 40ish 2018-2018... Potential cup tandem. 

4 minutes ago, apollo said:

Real simple. Bring Ryan back. The ducks clearly don't respect him... He shoulda got 60 games this season + all playoff games. 

John Gibson couldn't win a single game for them... Yet they stuck with him? Over Ryan? 

Anders just hasn't worked out well in Vancouver. But he had incredible stats vs buffalo and is younger with some upside so Anaheim agrees 

Win win. Thoughts? 

vs Buffalo?  Do you mean w/ Buffalo?

John Gibson is better - that's why he's playing.

The Ducks lost as a group, not because of their goaltending.

Btw, Miller gave up 3 goals in 20 minutes in the playoffs.

Stick with Nilsson.  See what he can do if the team is heatthier.  He's the younger asset with a potential future - Miller we can thank for the past, but....

10 minutes ago, apollo said:

Win win. Thoughts? 

Nope, use our assets as limited as they are for picks and prospects. We don't need to be trading for older players. 

Trade Nilsson at or before the deadline and hope we can get a 3rd or something

Miller knew he was going to be the backup going to Anaheim.  He's there for family reasons as his wife is an actress. 

Zero chance Anaheim gives up one of the best backups in the league for a guy who made Dan Cloutier look like an NHLer.  Nilsson will likely be in Utica next season.

Nilsson was inconsistent, but he's still relatively young for a goaltender.

Try to remember the start of the season, when the team was healthy and Nilsson had a measure of confidence - some people were already ordaining him the role as the next starter for this team.

He's big, athletic and talented - let's see if he can tweak his game, and if his mental game grows, whether he can become more consistent - he could be a keeper yet.

1 hour ago, samurai said:

why do people always want to bring players back.  Bieska now Miller.  In a few weeks Kesler will be proposed.   When the Sedins retired that was the final chapter for that team.  Look forward not back

Yup, out with the old...

I feel somewhat guilty for what I'm thinking, but Nilsson isn't a problem that Ryan Miller can fix unless we're trading Cloutier... 

Sorry Dan, I have zero confidence in your coaching abilities and you were a massive let down whenever games actually mattered. Go away

1 hour ago, samurai said:

why do people always want to bring players back.  Bieska now Miller.  In a few weeks Kesler will be proposed.   When the Sedins retired that was the final chapter for that team.  Look forward not back

Somebody had a proposal to bring back Kesler a couple of days ago. LOL

1 minute ago, Roger Neilson's Towel said:

Somebody had a proposal to bring back Kesler a couple of days ago. LOL

Lmao

Saw it and I'm pretty sure I couldn't even post in that thread.

"When you're here you're family, but once you leave there's no coming back.... Did I make you feel like family?"- My boss at every exit interview. I still laugh every time and I've been party to easily a hundred exit interviews.

Archived