The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks - Leafs(Proposal)

7 minutes ago, Sundstrom17 said:

I don`t think Toronto would give up Gardiner.... And unless they are going to give up Liljegren, Timothy then...

As much as I like getting and thinking of ways to get new prospects and picks... Jimmy said it.

Gardiner!  Liljegren!!!  :lol::lol::lol::lol:

The Leaf's rear guard are total crap.  My God, why would we want any of their guys?  Like you say, it's better to keep Tanev.

27 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Gardiner!  Liljegren!!!  :lol::lol::lol::lol:

The Leaf's rear guard are total crap.  My God, why would we want any of their guys?  Like you say, it's better to keep Tanev.

I would say the leafs defense is better than the Canucks. Rielly played like a true #1 dman over the regular season and Gardiner has been really good in a sheltered role. Between them and Dermott, that is an awesome left side.

The right side of the leafs is pretty meh. Zaitsev is particularly bad. Signed for 6 more years at 4.5, while looking like a fool on a regular basis. Glad we don't have any bad contracts like that on defense. Still, defense wise, Leafs > Canucks

Edmonton is looking for an inexpensive winger that can hit and keep up with McDavid, as with Gretzky, a fire hydrant will score goals, it is about the cap hit and speed, Jake's age doesn't hurt either, I have no doubt that under a system that doesn't bench him for every minor mistake his confidence will come back and he will score like he did when coached by Trent Cull in the exhibition games last year, until he was benched by Green.

As you can see I really want Edmonton's 1rst round pick this year.

Maybe make a deal with NYI to get one of their 1rst's this year as well.

On April 19, 2018 at 6:48 PM, Nuxfanabroad said:

Van: Tanev, Pouliot, Granlund(or Gaunce)

Leafs: Gardiner, Kapanen, 2019 1st(**conditional clause**)

- Take a gamble that the Leafs have a poor '18-19 season(maybe injuries finally nail them?) Since we host 2019, be nice to have an extra 1st

- I like Kapanen's speed. Jake, him, Leipsic, Dahlen, Motte..getting faster up front. KK's younger & faster than Granny, that's for sure. I'd also accept moving Gaunce instead. If TO wants more size?

- Gardiner has only 1 yr left..maybe flip him(TDL) for a 2nd, if possible? If he fits, we could ponder a re-signing next summer.

**conditional 1st** I think we should agree that if Tanev doesn't play 40 games, we would accept the Leafs 2019 & 2020 2nd rounders instead. It's fair injury-protection, given his recent history.

Trade will never happen...lol.lol  Really 

Garddiner 50 points plus, !st rounder and  kapanen 21 -top prospect,

For tanev hurt all the time value down, Pouliot # 6 in Toronto, Grandlund 4th liner in Toronto, Gaunce might not make team...

This is a very one sided trade, I like it for Vancouver but its not realistic at all...

Tanev with his last 2 seasons value down... I say we would be lucky to get Durmott 20 D- very good young player and 2nd rd pick.. or 

Liligrin and 3rd pick..

We Canuck fans always think are players are worth more..Managers are not stupid, Durmott 20 would be a great addition along with a 2nd round pick..

Is Tanev, Lockwood and 2019 2nd for liljegren worth it for both teams? Canucks kinda overpay IMO, but secure a puck moving RHD for an asset that is for sure gone plus a second round pick for a stud dman that can “potentially” be a karlsson for us. Plus the leafs’ window seems to be right now, which makes a Tanev move sensible for them. 

Fast forward to the draft. Let’s hypothetically say we pick Hughes. So we basically could have for D prospects: Juolevi, Hughes, Liljegren, (& maybe Tryamkin). Pretty solid work if JB can pull this one off. And he can replace Tanev at free agency with the cap room we have this summer. 

On ‎2018‎-‎04‎-‎19 at 6:48 PM, Nuxfanabroad said:

- Take a gamble that the Leafs have a poor '18-19 season(maybe injuries finally nail them?) Since we host 2019, be nice to have an extra 1st

- I like Kapanen's speed. Jake, him, Leipsic, Dahlen, Motte..getting faster up front. KK's younger & faster than Granny, that's for sure. I'd also accept moving Gaunce instead. If TO wants more size?

- Gardiner has only 1 yr left..maybe flip him(TDL) for a 2nd, if possible? If he fits, we could ponder a re-signing next summer.

**conditional 1st** I think we should agree that if Tanev doesn't play 40 games, we would accept the Leafs 2019 & 2020 2nd rounders instead. It's fair injury-protection, given his recent history.

I could see a trade with Toronto after this years playoff performance..........(the Leafs lack Defensive Dmen.........period)

I could see a high breed of your trade, but no way do the Leafs get off not putting in their 2018 1st........they are getting Tanev for cricky sakes

Toronto : 2018 1st 25th OA, Kapenen, 2019 3rd

for

Vancouver : Tanev, Granlund, conditional 2020 2nd (Depending on if Tanev plays an average of * 68 games in 2018 and 2019 season)

* 68 games was the Leafs average for games played by their Dmen this year.

I also think this is a low sell price as I think the 25 OA pick is a pick where the players between 22 OA and 35 OA do not have a lot of difference in value, so, one could loosely argue that the Leafs are paying 2 early 2nd's and a 3rd, with extremely good injury protection in the Canucks conditional 2nd (Kapenen was also a late mid/late 22 OA round pick)

The Leafs will argue that Kapanen is a top 5 OA pick value. as always!

8 hours ago, DudePerfect said:

Is Tanev, Lockwood and 2019 2nd for liljegren worth it for both teams? Canucks kinda overpay IMO, but secure a puck moving RHD for an asset that is for sure gone plus a second round pick for a stud dman that can “potentially” be a karlsson for us. Plus the leafs’ window seems to be right now, which makes a Tanev move sensible for them. 

Fast forward to the draft. Let’s hypothetically say we pick Hughes. So we basically could have for D prospects: Juolevi, Hughes, Liljegren, (& maybe Tryamkin). Pretty solid work if JB can pull this one off. And he can replace Tanev at free agency with the cap room we have this summer. 

Considering the terrible season Littlegren had in the AHL, and his lack of size I would say we stay clear of him.  He's looking too much like a Bustaroo.  Heck, Jordan Subban put up way better numbers in the AHL, and where is he now?  

I don't think we are good trade partners with TO, unless it's Tanev for their 2018 first and second round picks.  That's better for us.

1 minute ago, janisahockeynut said:

I could see a trade with Toronto after this years playoff performance..........(the Leafs lack Defensive Dmen.........period)

I could see a high breed of your trade, but no way do the Leafs get off not putting in their 2018 1st........they are getting Tanev for cricky sakes

for

Vancouver : Tanev, Granlund, conditional 2020 2nd (Depending on if Tanev plays an average of * 68 games in 2018 and 2019 season)

I also think this is a low sell price as I think the 25 OA pick is a pick where the players between 22 OA and 35 OA do not have a lot of difference in value, so, one could loosely argue that the Leafs are paying 2 early 2nd's and a 3rd, with extremely good injury protection in the Canucks conditional 2nd (Kapenen was also a late mid/late 22 OA round pick)

Why would want a Leaf's reject, like Kapanen.  The guy is soft.  Take their 2018 first and second, and call that fair value for Tanev.

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Why would want a Leaf's reject, like Kapanen.  The guy is soft.  Take their 2018 first and second, and call that fair value for Tanev.

Morning Alfie........someone did not  have their early morning coffee? Lol

If you remember our trades with Granlund and Baertschi, they cost a 53 OA and a another reclamation project (Shinaruk), and both were reclamation projects

Kapanen (although a Leaf - lol) is not a reclamation project. Least not yet and his value is still a late/late first = early second in trade, so has higher value than the Leafs 2nd.

So, I take Kapanen over the Leafs 2nd (56 OA)................but Tanev;s return equals a mid/late 1st, a late 1st/early 2nd in Kapanen, and a 3rd, which will be approx. 87 OA in 2019

* The Canucks conditional 2nd should take care of Tanev's injury argument...............there has to be the same risk by both team........I think that addresses that.

Flip Kapanen if you like, but take him!

1 minute ago, janisahockeynut said:

Morning Alfie........someone did not  have their early morning coffee? Lol

If you remember our trades with Granlund and Baertschi, they cost a 53 OA and a another reclamation project (Shinaruk), and both were reclamation projects

Kapanen (although a Leaf - lol) is not a reclamation project. Least not yet and his value is still a late/late first = early second in trade, so has higher value than the Leafs 2nd.

So, I take Kapanen over the Leafs 2nd (56 OA)................but Tanev;s return equals a mid/late 1st, a late 1st/early 2nd in Kapanen, and a 3rd, which will be approx. 87 OA in 2019

* The Canucks conditional 2nd should take care of Tanev's injury argument...............there has to be the same risk by both team........I think that addresses that.

Flip Kapanen if you like, but take him!

Leafs suck. If they want Tanev they give up their first and second.  We need picks, so we can stockpile Dmen:)

Just now, Alflives said:

Leafs suck. If they want Tanev they give up their first and second.  We need picks, so we can stockpile Dmen:)

Alfie

Why would you want the Leafs 2nd?

Kapanen = 2018 35 OA ish which is better than the Leafs 56th OA ?

Flip Kapanen, his returns more IMO

Do you think I am wrong?

5 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

for

Yeah..don't know, Jan. All us posters just quibbling over the details. Seems pretty clear, there are pieces that could certainly form the basis.

I'm kinda waiting to see how the lotto shakes down. I've made a list of a whack of trades I'd like JB to make. Hoping to implement lots of young size & speed.

***Would say he has the upper-hand in most trade talks, nowadays. We're the ones(supposedly) rebuilding, who have so much cap.. it opens a range of options. For this reason, I'm expecting JB to get more aggressive, where he'll try to shore up the D with a series of well-crafted moves.***

***^ This is my big prediction, for the next 3~9 months. Expect our D to turn over significantly.***

5 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Yeah..don't know, Jan. All us posters just quibbling over the details. Seems pretty clear, there are pieces that could certainly form the basis.

I'm kinda waiting to see how the lotto shakes down. I've made a list of a whack of trades I'd like JB to make. Hoping to implement lots of young size & speed.

***Would say he has the upper-hand in most trade talks, nowadays. We're the ones(supposedly) rebuilding, who have so much cap.. it opens a range of options. For this reason, I'm expecting JB to get more aggressive, where he'll try to shore up the D with a series of well-crafted moves.***

***^ This is my big prediction, for the next 3~9 months. Expect our D to turn over significantly.***

I hope so Nux

I keep throwing out ideas, hoping to get some feel for Tanev's value, and the ability to move him

I see the reason for keeping him, I see the reason for moving him, I see the replacements.....

I am very torn, as I feel this year could be pivotal, as we have such a good high end prospects list

and quite frankly, I would like to see us have 1st and 2nd round multiple picks this year, as I see the need to condense.

I might be the only one, but there are too many variables to just add a couple prospects a year ( not that Benning hasn't added more)

My MO is to put out senario's , to invite opinion, not to say I am right.........there are some great posters on here that see things well

and have great responses........sometimes I blow a tire and throw out a bad one, but no one hits 1000

Thanks for responding.......always good to read your opinions......solid!

On ‎2018‎-‎04‎-‎19 at 6:48 PM, Nuxfanabroad said:

So Tanev and 2 guys with zero value for Gardiner, Kapanen & 1st round pick?   Why would you do that as the Leafs?

Also, if Benning was going to trade good players for a high pick he would have done it when he got hired, not at this stage.  The only time it's happened is when Kesler asked for a trade.  I don't think Tanev is going anywhere, Benning needs to start making the playoffs soon or at least see an improvement on the ice. If he does go it will be in a 'hockey trade.'

3 minutes ago, CanadianRugby said:

So Tanev and 2 guys with zero value for Gardiner, Kapanen & 1st round pick?   Why would you do that as the Leafs?

Other than the first, why would the Canucks do this should be the question.  

7 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Other than the first, why would the Canucks do this should be the question.  

Pouliot & Granlund might not make the Leafs roster.  Gardiner with 7, had more goals than Gudbranson, Tanev, Stetcher, Biega & Hutton combined.  He's scored 30+ points in every healthy season except for one. 

Archived