• Announcements

• StealthNuck

Forum-specific Rules   07/11/2017

These are board specific rules for the Trades and Rumors forum designed to provide organization and a better experience for everyone. Please review these rules before posting new threads. 
        THREAD ETIQUETTE   1. Please search for an existing thread before posting. This forum can be very fast moving, so it's understandable if redundant threads are inadvertently posted. In such a case, please use the report feature to request removal of redundant threads.    2. Provide a clearly identifiable topic title so that users can readily understand the content. The title should include any and all teams involved, as well as player names or other personnel involved as appropriate.   3. All trades, signings, rumors and other news MUST include a linkable source. Simply posting the name of the source is not enough. Effort should also be made to copy and paste the full article, or at the very least the relevant portion of text from the source to the first post of the thread. Moderators may remove low-quality threads in favour of high-quality threads. 

Affixed to the front of your title should be a label that identifies the type of transaction that is taking place. For all trades use [TRADE]. For all signings use [SIGNING]. For all waiver-wire transactions use [WAIVERS]. For all rumours use [RUMOUR].
      For articles or news items that don't fit into the above categories, affix an appropriate label of your choice such as [NEWS], [ARTICLE] or [MISC].   4. When the status of a thread changes a new thread can be created. The new thread should reflect the change and help focus the discussion on current events. e.g. Someone may create a new thread when a rumor becomes a trades. The old thread will be locked by the moderating team.    5. Do not misrepresent the contents of your thread or post false trades or rumors. Trolling will result in a permanent suspension. 

SOURCES   The following source types are considered INVALID. Any links to posts or threads on other message boards Any links to personal blogs Any news heard on the radio that does not have a link to an audio vault or podcast Any news seen on television that does not have a link to online video Any news spread by word of mouth
      Additionally, certain sources may be be blacklisted due to poor credentials, clear traffic-mongering etc. Blacklisted sources will be posted here. 
      Thank you for your co-operation and please PM the Administrator or Moderators if you have any questions, concerns or suggestions regarding this forum.
Adarsh Sant

[Signing] Canucks sign F Lukas Jasek

Posted (edited)

Vancouver, B.C. - Vancouver Canucks General Manager Jim Benning announced today that the club has signed forward Lukas Jasek to a three-year, entry-level contract.

Jasek, 20, has appeared in six games in his debut season with the Comets, recording seven points (3-4-7). He made his AHL debut on March 31st at Springfield notching three points (1-2-3).  

Prior to joining the Comets, the 6-1, 184-pound forward appeared in 48 games for Liberec Bill Tygri HC of the Czech Elite League, registering 18 points (8-10-18). He also recorded seven points (2-5-7) in 12 games of the Championship Hockey League helping his team advance to the semi-finals. In 116 games in the Czech Elite League over parts of four seasons, Jasek has collected 23 points (10-13-23).  

A native of Trinec, Czech Republic, Jasek was originally drafted by Vancouver in the sixth round, 174th overall, at the 2015 NHL Entry Draft. He was signed by Utica to an ATO on March 30th. 

Edited by Adarsh Sant
  • Upvote 2

Jasek is one of our most interesting prospects. I liked the pick out of the draft but seems like he never really got a chance on his Czech team. Hopefully he can build on his hot start in Utica. 

• Upvote 2

Awesome news. Nice surprise start in Utica, should be an offensive leader for them next year.

• Upvote 1

In the long term the Canuck's success is all about the systematic development of drafted players through the various leagues in North America and Europe.

Good signing.  Has shown well in his limited AHL games so far.

Still somewhat of a longshot to be an NHL regular imo, but nevertheless he should strengthen Utica next season and a strong farm team overall is better for the franchise. 

Will look forward to see what he does in the AHL playoffs. 

• Upvote 2

Quite the ascension since coming over just a few weeks ago.

ATO --> PTO --> ELC

Team is obviously impressed.  Hopefully he continues with a good playoffs and a good battle for a spot this Fall.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, Dombrova22 said:

Who? Never heard of him... 

The tweet literally says everything you need to know....

His point production in Utica has been a surprise considering he wasn't a huge point producer in the Czech league. Maybe he's just made for smaller ice?

• Hydration 4

happy to see this is official. It's great to see the late round picks earning a shot. 

And to become someone the comets may lean on a bit for offense in such a short period of time is outstanding. 

• Hydration 1

I thought he had one more year on his deal in the Czech league. Can someone more informed than me tell me how this works out? Was there an out clause, did he have to buy out his contract, will he be going back over there for one more year?

23 minutes ago, Dombrova22 said:

Who? Never heard of him... 

Thought you were Jasek'idding

(too bad his name isn't pronounced with a "Jay" but "Ya-shick")

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, steve french said:

I thought he had one more year on his deal in the Czech league. Can someone more informed than me tell me how this works out? Was there an out clause, did he have to buy out his contract, will he be going back over there for one more year?

I believe the plan was for him to go back to the Czech league for 1 more year. I remember hearing that he wanted to come to North America earlier but the club would not let him but maybe an out clause is in the works. Hopefully he finally gets his wish and is able to continue to play in Utica.