The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign F Lukas Jasek

Vancouver, B.C. - Vancouver Canucks General Manager Jim Benning announced today that the club has signed forward Lukas Jasek to a three-year, entry-level contract.

Jasek, 20, has appeared in six games in his debut season with the Comets, recording seven points (3-4-7). He made his AHL debut on March 31st at Springfield notching three points (1-2-3).  

Prior to joining the Comets, the 6-1, 184-pound forward appeared in 48 games for Liberec Bill Tygri HC of the Czech Elite League, registering 18 points (8-10-18). He also recorded seven points (2-5-7) in 12 games of the Championship Hockey League helping his team advance to the semi-finals. In 116 games in the Czech Elite League over parts of four seasons, Jasek has collected 23 points (10-13-23).  

A native of Trinec, Czech Republic, Jasek was originally drafted by Vancouver in the sixth round, 174th overall, at the 2015 NHL Entry Draft. He was signed by Utica to an ATO on March 30th. 

Good signing.  Has shown well in his limited AHL games so far.

Still somewhat of a longshot to be an NHL regular imo, but nevertheless he should strengthen Utica next season and a strong farm team overall is better for the franchise. 

Will look forward to see what he does in the AHL playoffs. 

15 minutes ago, Dombrova22 said:

Who? Never heard of him... 

The tweet literally says everything you need to know....

His point production in Utica has been a surprise considering he wasn't a huge point producer in the Czech league. Maybe he's just made for smaller ice?

14 minutes ago, steve french said:

I thought he had one more year on his deal in the Czech league. Can someone more informed than me tell me how this works out? Was there an out clause, did he have to buy out his contract, will he be going back over there for one more year?

I believe the plan was for him to go back to the Czech league for 1 more year. I remember hearing that he wanted to come to North America earlier but the club would not let him but maybe an out clause is in the works. Hopefully he finally gets his wish and is able to continue to play in Utica.

Archived