The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign F Lukas Jasek

18 minutes ago, steve french said:

I thought he had one more year on his deal in the Czech league. Can someone more informed than me tell me how this works out? Was there an out clause, did he have to buy out his contract, will he be going back over there for one more year?

1 minute ago, Gally said:

I believe the plan was for him to go back to the Czech league for 1 more year. I remember hearing that he wanted to come to North America earlier but the club would not let him but maybe an out clause is in the works. Hopefully he finally gets his wish and is able to continue to play in Utica.

He's wanted to come here since he was eligible to play in the CHL but his transfer to NA was blocked by his club team.

JB got this though....he knows a guy who knows a guy somewhere in Czechoslovakia....

41 minutes ago, Captain Azzy said:

"Welcome to Jasek Park."

That kind of pathetic stuff belongs on the Golden Knights' account, not ours -_-

Haha agreed. Thought it was a slightly forced to say the least..

59 minutes ago, Gally said:

Jasek is one of our most interesting prospects. I liked the pick out of the draft but seems like he never really got a chance on his Czech team. Hopefully he can build on his hot start in Utica. 

I think those that were following him (sid especially) were very happy with the way he was playing in the men's league there.  His play in Utica is just an extension of his success in CR

8 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I haven't watched Jasek at all, where does he project to fit in

If you're asking me - Utica. 

Give him a year of NA pro hockey in the AHL and let's re-assess after then.

I never thought e would actually amount to much (6th rounder), as new better prospects keep getting drafted. But what a nice surprise that he's signed and is doing as well as he is in Utica. Camp is going to be very competitive, only so many (8) winger positions available.

Boeser

Pettersson

Dahlen

Virtanen

Baertschi **

Leipsic

Granlund **

Archibald *

Jasek *

Lind *

Goldobin

Gagner

Eriksson

Something's gotta give. I put an asterisk next to the players I think won't make the team (*), or will be traded (**).

2 hours ago, Dombrova22 said:

Who? Never heard of him... 

Keep an eye on the “Prospects/ In The System” Thread.  

There are usually weekly updates from posters here, or news followers giving decent information on all of the young players we have drafted, signed, playing in our system , or other leagues in the World.

As Jasek was drafted by Canucks, there is much information about him that you can catch up on him there.

He recently arrived in Utica with the Comets from his European Team and in a short time has impressed the entire organization.

Sounds like some great scouting by Benning and his Scouts.

ps. Dont be put off by some of the heckling.  This site is more in tune than many others.. keep your humour :) 

Archived