The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign F Lukas Jasek

2 hours ago, Dombrova22 said:

Who? Never heard of him... 

This hurts my feelings. ;) 

1 hour ago, MrCanuck94 said:

Rings a bell. I think I might have posted a couple times in that thread?

:P

I’m kidding obviously.

It’s all good that some people haven’t heard of Jašek. I’ve written lots about him in the prospects forum but until the last few weeks, he was about as under the radar a prospect as they get.

Talk about a kid ignoring the odds against his draft position, those who insist you cannot develop soley in Europe and and also the odds of coming to NA with no guarantees.   He simply decided to break down the door.

Well done.

Looks like the NHL ELC activates a termination clause on the Czech contract.

So Jašek is 100% Vancouver property and can play wherever that Canucks want him to. Doesn’t need to be freed up from any commitments to his Extraliga team.

They could still convert him back on a loan to Liberec, if they wanted to. But I think the only transatlantic flights he’ll be making in the near future will be to pack his stuff this summer for a full time move to North America for next season.

57 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Keep an eye on the “Prospects/ In The System” Thread.  

There are usually weekly updates from posters here, or news followers giving decent information on all of the young players we have drafted, signed, playing in our system , or other leagues in the World.

As Jasek was drafted by Canucks, there is much information about him that you can catch up on him there.

He recently arrived in Utica with the Comets from his European Team and in a short time has impressed the entire organization.

Sounds like some great scouting by Benning and his Scouts.

ps. Dont be put off by some of the heckling.  This site is more in tune than many others.. keep your humour :) 

Thank you, I appreciate it. 

1 hour ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Talk about a kid ignoring the odds against his draft position, those who insist you cannot develop soley in Europe and and also the odds of coming to NA with no guarantees.   He simply decided to break down the door.

Well done.

I've actually really liked the Canucks patient approach to developing talent over in Europe.

Old regimes might have rushed these guys over to the farm before they were physically or mentally ready.

We gotta remember how young these guys are. Letting them develop for another year or two at home in a familiar environment can often be more beneficial. 

Asking for clarification on what the 2nd and 3rd lines are for under each year.  Not sure if anyone here knows but I asked Rick. If you know please share.

Possibly AHL/ECHL salaries or bonuses? no idea I'm just spitballing lol.

Just now, Rush17 said:

Asking for clarification on what the 2nd and 3rd lines are for under each year.  Not sure if anyone here knows but I asked Rick. If you know please share.

Possibly AHL/ECHL salaries or bonuses? no idea I'm just spitballing lol.

Received word 2nd line is for AHL and 3rd line is for signing bonus.

A highly intelligent winger that has the ability to produce strong numbers due to his intense style of play. Tenacity and athleticism are well-represented by his slashing style of skating, cutting hard to the net and being able to hold onto the puck for that extra second. Creativity and offensive instincts are coveted assets that Jasek possesses; he exhibits exceptional vision and a sharp, accurate shot. He will need to get stronger to be able to adapt to the harsher physical conditions of the North American game. All-in-all, a speedy offensive predator that looks to impact all aspects of the game, creating energy in waves. (Curtis Joe, EP 2015)

This write up from Eliteprospects is very complimentary from a couple of years ago.  He's now 184.  The best attrubute is his hockey sense.  The thing you cannot teach.  That and JB's faves good shot and tenacity.

I had honestly written him off.  Didn't know that he was being held to a contract by his Czech club.  Welcome and good luck.

4 hours ago, Dombrova22 said:

No need to be pricks lmao. Simply asked a question. My god some people on this forum. 

you should know everyone here is an expert, a hockey insider and excellent evaluater of player talent. That kind of comes with the territory when you make it to CDC. 

But yeah, seemed like a pick that had offensive potential, has shown it in Utica and more people than not here likely think he is the next coming of David Pastrnak lol.

20 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Received word 2nd line is for AHL and 3rd line is for signing bonus.

Probably reverse those. $92,500 annually is standard ELC signing bonus. And $70,000 is standard AHL salary on an ELC. 

EDIT: I’d also expect the first number is NHL salary. And likely performance bonuses will take the annual average closer to 925K. Just speculating though.

1 hour ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Well done.

its fun just to see Jim build organizational depth too. Utica is going to be an interesting team next year, although they do have a big hole to fill in goal if Demko makes  it as the backup. DiPietro is still too young for the AHL, is that correct? 

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

its fun just to see Jim build organizational depth too. Utica is going to be an interesting team next year, although they do have a big hole to fill in goal if Demko makes  it as the backup. DiPietro is still too young for the AHL, is that correct? 

What do we do with Nilsen?

Archived