The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Canucks Need Toughness...

On 4/22/2018 at 6:54 PM, wildcam said:

Who are the  4 guys?????????????? 1.Gudbrason............ Missing the other 3?

So many games we were man handled and one game against Nashville was embarrassing 3 players got there face washed and nobody did anything...

1.Gudbranson okay.......  Archiebald 29, come up and played very gritty in first 6 games, his last 8 games he stopped playing gritty style....

Nobody else steps up..

Big Jake has the body to be that crashing aggressive style.... He Does not play that way all the time..

We have so many young guys that we need toughness around that can play..Thats the hard part to find the Dorsett type guy..

Young talented guys like,  Boser,  Pettersson, Dahlen, Gaudette, Goldobin, Baertchi, Grandlund, 

Edler always plays gritty

Jake

Guddy

Archibald

how about one guy who plays hard always that people remind others about more then not the bulldog

wow there are 5 if you count!

plus Labate if we call him up

to me that is 5 on the team plus Labate which could make the team so 6 I count

On April 27, 2018 at 6:13 PM, cripplereh said:

Edler always plays gritty

Jake

Guddy

Archibald

how about one guy who plays hard always that people remind others about more then not the bulldog

wow there are 5 if you count!

plus Labate if we call him up

to me that is 5 on the team plus Labate which could make the team so 6 I count

1. Edler 2. Jake 3. Guddy  4. Archibald... Thats 4  Lebate we are in trouble he is a AHL player 

No Point sorry.... look at a tough Boston team, Winnipeg, example we are so so so far away.... Hard to win with a soft team in playoffs...

Regular season you can get by with soft team....Playoffs are a different story...Watch close

On 4/30/2018 at 8:25 AM, wildcam said:

1. Edler 2. Jake 3. Guddy  4. Archibald... Thats 4  Lebate we are in trouble he is a AHL player 

No Point sorry.... look at a tough Boston team, Winnipeg, example we are so so so far away.... Hard to win with a soft team in playoffs...

Regular season you can get by with soft team....Playoffs are a different story...Watch close

others like Bo,Sutter,Tanev and so on play hard every night but are not the so called tough players as they should be

this team is tough just not what people want, plus you get to many tough players and where do the goals come from????

an even balance is what is needed and we have many tough players!

5 hours ago, cripplereh said:

others like Bo,Sutter,Tanev and so on play hard every night but are not the so called tough players as they should be

this team is tough just not what people want, plus you get to many tough players and where do the goals come from????

an even balance is what is needed and we have many tough players!

Of course you need  even balance...Looking for a guy that can stand up for others..Sutter that plays for Vancouver is 6'3 plays softer then most guys 5'8 ..

Tanev does not play with toughness....Very good D man though.

Gudbranson,  I think Archibald will stand up for his team., also think Jake will start to add element to his game and drop his gloves if the times right..

We don't want goons,  examples Ducks,,Getzlaf, Kesler, Bieksa, Ritchie, Manson, 

On 2018-04-20 at 3:25 PM, wildcam said:

Patrick Maroon 30, 6'4 UFA , W , Ross Johnston 6'4, 24 RFA, W , Chris Stewart 30, UFA, W,  Wayne Simmonds, W, 6'2 30 soon, 4 million 1 yr left                                                      ( Matt Martin W, 29 soon,  2.6 million 2 yrs remain, Skating ?)

These are just a few guys but we need to add at least one player for toughness and grit to replace Dorsett...

Gudbranson 6'4,220 can also add that element so would be nice to have another forward...

We have no real young guy in organization at this point to bring along... A very soft team will so many young guns arriving...

One guy I'd be keenly interested in, if he would be made available, is Andrew Copp. 

I view him as new age tough. Gone are the days of the Odjicks, Simons, Proberts, and Semenkos. Now tough players also have to be able to produce. Not only is he a gritty, tenacious player, but Copp also has an ability to put points up and is a player who,imo, hasn't peaked yet. Although a willing pugilist when necessary, Copp is a very capable two-way player who doesn't take many costly penalties. Unfortunately, in Winnipeg, he's been buried behind players like Lainne, Wheeler, Scheiffle, and Connor (with good reason).

With Vancouver, Copp would get a real opportunity to shine. Much like Baertschi, I see him being a great complimentary winger with Bo and Brock. I'd be looking for 40 to 50 points out of him as well as for him to be the bad attitude when the opposition takes liberties with Boeser who seems to lack the desire to get nasty. 

Is this being a bit overly optimistic?

Perhaps, but another attractive factor is the fact that he's a solid center. He would provide a lot of versatility in the lineup. It may be that he doesn't work out with Bo and Brock. His abilities at center give us no reason to panic as he would still give us a great 3C and makes an aging Sutter expendable.

Acquiring a Copp ( no pun intended) would also open up Baertschi to moving onto a line with Pettersson, another match-up I see having great success. 

Archived