The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lady Byng Trophy finalists unveiled

2018 Lady Byng Trophy  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 minutes ago, rekker said:

It's a stupid award.

Only because of how they determine the winner.  It shouldn't be essentially awarded to one with the best points to PIM ratio.  Most think it's an award for soft players (it's not).  The idea behind the trophy has been lost.

6 minutes ago, Time Lord said:

Why? It recognizes players who play well while also playing a clean game

I know what it is. Just think it's stupid. It's more a popularity contest. It's to difficult to measure. Players don't want it. I believe it was Mogilny who was nominated once. He said if he wins he's not showing up. If the meaning behind the trophy is true then it's pathetic the twins have never won it. Popularity contest it is. 

8 minutes ago, rekker said:

I know what it is. Just think it's stupid. It's more a popularity contest. It's to difficult to measure. Players don't want it. I believe it was Mogilny who was nominated once. He said if he wins he's not showing up. If the meaning behind the trophy is true then it's pathetic the twins have never won it. Popularity contest it is. 

Again, it's not the award that's pathetic but actually what was pathetic was officials like Kelly "axe to grind" Sutherland.  Twins get penalties for horse**** like this:

William Karlsson based on his high level of play and rise to stardom.  He has done so with grace, dignity, and respect.  He is a great leader for his team in this way.

Sounds sappy lol.  Willie K for me.

Just now, Rush17 said:

When do we hear about the new award? giving back to the community award? any chance both hank and danny get on that ballot for their years of service?

Would be a great gesture to the twins and show the way the youth around the league.  

11 hours ago, Provost said:

I am surprised that the Sedins never got nominated for the award.  From the pure description it seems like they would be up there.

i just heard back from the top brass

the nhl

and its media

would like to know who these players you refer to as Sedins are ?

please elaborate and educate

just so you know they have been diligent

they have reviewed their new york and toronto data already

and this turned up nothing of note

On 4/20/2018 at 6:42 PM, Nuxfanabroad said:

But I'm with you, rekkin-ball. Can't they make the freeken awards more interesting?

EG:

The Bobby Orr Award should go to offensive D-man.

"Lady Byng" should be changed. Lame name.

Sooooooooo, the "Anti-Marchand" Award?

On 2018-04-20 at 11:47 PM, Provost said:

I am surprised that the Sedins never got nominated for the award.  From the pure description it seems like they would be up there.

There is no way that a brutish Sedin will ever win a coveted Lady Byng award after the 2011 playoffs. Daniel Sedin’s vicious bare faced assault on Brad Marchand’s fist was uncalled for and ruled both of them out of contention for life. 

Archived