apollo

Current Untouchables?

Rate this topic

8 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

And a record number of top 6 picks.

Not to be confused with genius.

Its the handful of prospects that are outside the top 6 which makes him a bit of a genius.

• Upvote 1

Let's see how this draft plays out. Given the lack of talent in our defense, I wouldn't be surprised if Benning swapped a forward for a D. We don't want a Hall for Larsson situation though. We're in no rush. Just keep stockpiling those prospects.

18 hours ago, apollo said:

The time has come... Lord Henrik and King Daniel have retired. 

One could argue they were untouchable ever since Brian "the mastermind" Burke brought them to Vancouver. 

But with them gone who remains? The obvious two are Brock and Bo. 

Are there any other players that you would consider untouchable or think they should be? 

I've got a few 

Edler - technically an untouchable with his NTC?  I'd love the eagle sign for 5 years and retires a Canuck. 

Goldobin - so much upside... Put him with Mackinnon this year and Goldy gets same amount of points as rantannen (85 if I recall right). He's also extremely well mannered. 

you forgot about megna he's untoachable too.

• Hydration 1

6 hours ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Given the right offer anyone could be traded.

I would consider Boeser now after his back injury, while young enough now to maybe deal with it, it could haunt him later if not immediately.

With his performance last year he could easily get 2 1rst round picks and that might be worth it in the long run. Back injuries ruined Coho and haven't helped Edler. there are many players that haven't fully recovered to pre-injury condition and ended up with shortened or less impressive careers, If offered a deal by NYI for both their 1rst's this year I would do it. This is a good draft year and both picks are in the lottery, that would give the Canucks three 1rsts this year all of which might make the team. Boeser on NYI might/would entice Taveras to resign.

Boeser just might not be the same player as before and/or have a shortened career.

I'm not a big fan of the "Hamilton" trade, that is you trade away a budding number one defenseman that can score bunches of goals from the blue line, for a lottery ticket in the hope you can get ....well a Hamilton out of it.  I used Sweeney as an example because this actually happened.

How many first rounders will actually be better than Boeser?  How many first rounders have we picked in our entire history of picking firdt rounders have been better?  Puts things into perspective doesn't it.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Westcoasting said:

Petterson and Boeser, everyone else should be tradeable!

Bo for an elite (young) Dman?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I know that nobody is untouchable because of Gretzky yadda yadda...

I have to chuckle at the lack of respect Bo is getting from some.  I know we have a cast of shiny new toys, some of which have yet to play a game in the NHL...but comeonnn...

Bo, without injury this year, looked like 30 goal 60+ point center.  He got injured and and i dont find that it was a coincidence that the team forgot how to win.

At around the same age Hank was getting around 40 points, and Kesler was in the high 30s. I know, different teams, different eras...but those teams back then were probably better than what Bo had to work with.  Pair him up with Brock for a year and I think he can get 70 points.

It takes all sorts of puzzle pieces to win a championship...having a kid that is built like a bull, that seems to improve every year out of his own volition, and get get you 25-35 goals and 60+ points while saddled with d zone starts is a pretty important piece - and certainly not easy to come by at the center position.

Sure you can trade him for a D man, but that will leave a massive hole you will have to fill again.  You just cover one leak but create a big hole in your hull.

Edited by Darius71
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 2018-04-20 at 6:51 PM, apollo said:

One could argue they were untouchable ever since Brian "the mastermind" Burke brought them to Vancouver. 

Are there any other players that you would consider untouchable or think they should be? 

I've got a few 

Edler - technically an untouchable with his NTC?  I'd love the eagle sign for 5 years and retires a Canuck. 

Goldobin - so much upside... Put him with Mackinnon this year and Goldy gets same amount of points as rantannen (85 if I recall right). He's also extremely well mannered. 

Baertschi, Horvat, Boeser.

All other roster players are available.

On 20/04/2018 at 6:51 PM, apollo said:

I've got a few 

Brock is not totally untouchable.  I would trade him for first overall this year . I'm sure the Canucks would too . 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Everyone is for sale for the right price.

You're saying if we were given 5 1st round picks we wouldn't move Boeser?  Of course we would. The price just gets far higher for players we intended to keep long term.

On 2018-04-20 at 7:51 PM, luckylager said:

Gagner is a burning bag of dog poop

Awesome! 

On 2018-04-20 at 7:51 PM, luckylager said:

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, cuporbust said:

Brock is not totally untouchable.  I would trade him for first overall this year . I'm sure the Canucks would too . 

No chance I would trade Brock for Dahlin. 

Brock is a generational sniper and is proven far more than any pick in the 2018 draft. Dahlin for all we know could be the next RNH, Yakupov, Daigle, etc

Brock is %100 untouchable in my books. Unless a team is willing to pay more than just that 1st overall pick. 

Edited by apollo

Is anyone on here actually CANUCK FANS? :lol: I can never understand this "trade away players that we need" mentality, never mind players we enjoy watching. I kind of enjoy watching Bo,Brock and Jake perform even though they have not reached their potential yet. Then there is the players we have not even seen yet and you guys don't even want to even give them a chance? sheesh! :rolleyes:

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, apollo said:

No chance I would trade Brock for Dahlin. 

Brock is a generational sniper and is proven far more than any pick in the 2018 draft. Dahlin for all we know could be the next RNH, Yakupov, Daigle, etc

Brock is %100 untouchable in my books. Unless a team is willing to pay more than just that 1st overall pick. 

They were debating this on 1040 yesterday.  Dahlin is in the same category as McDavid and Crosby were in scouts minds.  He is the best defenseman prospect we have seen in decades . Button even suggested he has all the parts to be the best player in the entire league , and doing on defense. Players like brock are VERY hard to find as well , but dahlin type players come along once in a lifetime. You wont get a guy like Dahlin without giving up somebody like brock . They were also saying it would take Brock and a first to realistically pry Dahlin away from anyone. Even offering that would be unlikely to land him .  That's the truth . 

You wouldn't trade Brock Boeser for Connor McDavid? Lol. U cant be serious . 

Edited by cuporbust