The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Van strikes multiple pedestrians in Toronto (9 confirmed fatalities, 16 injured)

Have been watching the live feed of this.  Endless comments about "religion/colour/refugee status"

Nobody even cares that innocent people were hurt anymore, they just care to point fingers and sow hate

It's a sad sad world we're living in

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Have been watching the live feed of this.  Endless comments about "religion/colour/refugee status"

Nobody even cares that innocent people were hurt anymore, they just care to point fingers and sow hate

I noticed the bulk of Tweets were based around either "religion of peace" or how an AR-15 wasn't used. 

Just now, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

I noticed the bulk of Tweets were based around either "religion of peace" or how an AR-15 wasn't used. 

Watching the live stream on the news channel, they've a comments section on the side and it's hard to not ignore the comments regarding it being Islam or how guns weren't used and now vans need to be registered/regulated.

I mean, it would almost be mind numbingly amusing if it wasn't so intentionally sad

7 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Watching the live stream on the news channel, they've a comments section on the side and it's hard to not ignore the comments regarding it being Islam or how guns weren't used and now vans need to be registered/regulated.

I mean, it would almost be mind numbingly amusing if it wasn't so intentionally sad

"it" worked.

The populace is divided and conquered. The hat may be a little tin-foily, but it's hard to not look at the situation that way when one takes a step back and looks. Heavily divided along economic lines, religious lines, political lines all at the same time.

It means organizing any sort of defence to "whatever" the powers of the day try to do is monumentally difficult. South of the border exemplifies this, and I fear we are slowly creeping towards the same result. And I have no idea what to do or what could be done to stem the tide. It's like standing on a beach watching a tsunami roll forth.

All I can do is offer sympathy and condolences for those affected.

Video of the cop taking him down: 

Apparently, it was not a gun in his hand but a cell phone....All I can say is that is incredible police work. In that kind of situation, a lot of people would have just pulled the trigger. 

Just now, taxi said:

2adO8a7L1_l5SFff?format=jpg&name=900x900

Apparently, it was not a gun in his hand but a cell phone....All I can say is that is incredible police work. In that kind of situation, a lot of people would have just pulled the trigger. 

If it was the US the trigger would almost certainly have been pulled.

45 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Totally true.   It seems EVERY news article on any form of media has to have some political/agenda perspective to it.   My phone used to give me CNN updates (top stories) and it got stupid in terms of the political nature of each issue (school kids, KIDS, are dead and the headlines are about "Right Win Gun Advocates" or "Democrats call for action" versus simply, "Kids are dead, this is horrible").    

Just like it has always bothered me that thousands of people die in Africa each day but one white person dies there on vacation doing things they were not supposed to and it is front page news.   A human life is a human life - until we start respecting them all equally, we really are not going to advance even if we think we are becoming more civilized because we can order stuff on-line to be delivered in two hours.

6 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

So then someone knows what this guy looks like and can put to rest all the rumours

I'm not 100% sure because it wasn't clear as day, but from what I saw he looked like he had lighter skin. It was a terror attack though.

EDIT: He also told the cops to shoot him.

3 minutes ago, taxi said:

[tweet]988487471238451201[/tweet]

Should be a training video for many police in the United States.

2 minutes ago, Xbox said:

I'm not 100% sure because it wasn't clear as day, but from what I saw he looked like he had lighter skin. It was a terror attack though.

EDIT: He also told the cops to shoot him.

I'm just impatient is all.  I'd like to know who and why regardless of the outcome.  We know info is coming but still.

Archived