The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Van strikes multiple pedestrians in Toronto (9 confirmed fatalities, 16 injured)

this is not only heartbreaking for the families of these victims but it also gives right wing nut jobs a greater platform to spew their hate .. 

the world is at war with itself 

If it does end up being proven as an act of religious violence and turns out to be a muslim thing ..  it will be time for the good people in the muslim community to take action  ..  not by simply denouncing the act but by taking an active role in their mosques to turn any and all information of any muslim they feel has been radicalized 

4 minutes ago, Lulover88 said:

this is not only heartbreaking for the families of these victims but it also gives right wing nut jobs a greater platform to spew their hate .. 

the world is at war with itself 

Because this bad guy with a van could have been stopped if only there was a good guy with a van /s

5 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I myself call anyone ANYONE who intends to cause as much harm and devastation as possible a terrorist.  They intend to hurt harm, scare or generally terrorize people.  It's sad that so many people are so divided that religion and skin colour now plays an important part of what they consider criminal.

As of now there are 9 dead and I believe 12 to 16 injured (or 16 total hit) and every single time I look at that story I keep seeing the same comments.  It's incredibly sad 

...and if that is your definition, I totally respect that.  It just happens not to be my own, but there is no doubt an attack like this is designed to strike fear and kill as many as possible, so like I said you probably have more ammunition to state your case that this is was a terrorist attack.

That's a whole lot of people involved.  RIP to those killed and for what it's worth (which isn't much), my thoughts are with those injured.  No prayers though... I'm not religious....

2 minutes ago, kloubek said:

...and if that is your definition, I totally respect that.  It just happens not to be my own, but there is no doubt an attack like this is designed to strike fear and kill as many as possible, so like I said you probably have more ammunition to state your case that this is was a terrorist attack.

That's a whole lot of people involved.  RIP to those killed and for what it's worth (which isn't much), my thoughts are with those injured.  No prayers though... I'm not religious....

Fairly said.  I guess I just always get my back up when people jump on stories like these.  It's a failing of mine

For what it's worth here is a twitter link to the cops arresting an or the alleged suspect

https://twitter.com/FTV_Huazhang/status/988481213089435654

Just now, Squamfan said:

should have shot, look what happened this dude killed 9 innocent people and he is still alive

That's not how being a cop works....it's also not how the laws of our country work.  We're not American

3 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

should have shot, look what happened this dude killed 9 innocent people and he is still alive

If he did shoot I would have been ok with it.  Just saying he handled the situation in such a manner that displayed his quality as a person

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

That's not how being a cop works....it's also not how the laws of our country work.  We're not American

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

but there was evidence that he had a intent to kill. in the states they just randomly shoot, here the cop had a reason to shoot but he didn;t 

Just now, Squamfan said:

but there was evidence that he had a intent to kill. in the states they just randomly shoot, here the cop had a reason to shoot but he didn;t 

His intent was suicide but the cop could see there was no gun.

in the big picture this is good for the public perception of law enforcement in our country.  That's a positive imo.

Archived