The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Van strikes multiple pedestrians in Toronto (9 confirmed fatalities, 16 injured)

That TPS officer showed great restraint. Commendable. I'm in Toronto today and walking around downtown there are cops everywhere now. Almost every street corner around Front/York/Yonge I guess in preparation for the large crowds showing up for the Leafs game soon.

My God, that cop was brave.  I can't imagine, with something so terrifying, remaining so composed and standing in there like that.  Much respect...

Horrible, people just out and about doing their business and their lives are cut short.  Just like that.  Certainly puts it all in perspective.

24 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

should have shot, look what happened this dude killed 9 innocent people and he is still alive

Much better to keep him alive. I'd rather have him spend the rest of his life in jail thinking about what he's done. If he does have any accomplices, hopefully he leads the police to them. 

Also, Canadian police shouldn't be carrying out summary executions. 

Just now, taxi said:

Much better to keep him alive. I'd rather have him spend the rest of his life in jail thinking about what he's done. If he does have any accomplices, hopefully he leads the police to them. 

Also, Canadian police shouldn't be carrying out summary executions. 

Also, we need to listen to what he has to say and find out about some of the motives behind this act.

6 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Ugh...that guy was clearly wanting suicide by cop. He was acting like his cellphone was a handgun.

Good eye by the cop. Such messed up people in the world. The victims didn't ask for this. :(

He so was. Happy for the officer that he doesn't have that guy's death weighing on him right now. 

5 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

First, great job by the cop... even though he would have been justified in shooting that guy anyway.

Second, what the F*** is with the three morons in the background just walking through a police standoff. It takes a certain kind of person to do that. 

They probably had no idea until after the fact. 

Reminds me of a Springsteen Song:

"Nebraska"

I saw her standin' on her front lawn just twirlin' her baton 
Me and her went for a ride sir and ten innocent people died 

From the town of Lincoln, Nebraska with a sawed off .410 on my lap 
Through to the badlands of Wyoming I killed everything in my path 

I can't say that I'm sorry for the things that we done 
At least for a little while sir me and her we had us some fun 

The jury brought in a guilty verdict and the judge he sentenced me to death 
Midnight in a prison storeroom with leather straps across my chest 

Sheriff when the man pulls that switch sir and snaps my poor head back 
You make sure my pretty baby is sittin' right there on my lap 

They declared me unfit to live said into that great void my soul'd be hurled 
They wanted to know why I did what I did 
Well sir I guess there's just a meanness in this world.

19 minutes ago, trek said:

Almost every street corner around Front/York/Yonge I guess in preparation for the large crowds showing up for the Leafs game soon.

Yikes, I imagine this could've been a lot worse. 

I haven't watched any vids, nor do I want to, but just reading the posts here I will echo the praise directed at the arresting officer.  Also might be time to disable comments on news sites.

1 minute ago, Down by the River said:

First, great job by the cop... even though he would have been justified in shooting that guy anyway.

Second, what the F*** is with the three morons in the background just walking through a police standoff. It takes a certain kind of person to do that. 

I would have popped a cap in that scumbags knee. Enough to keep him alive, but still feel pain.

I kind of laughed when I saw that. I was WTF are those people doing.

1 minute ago, ReggieBush said:

I would have popped a cap in that scumbags knee. Enough to keep him alive, but still feel pain.

I kind of laughed when I saw that. I was WTF are those people doing.

Shooting a knee or any joint like an elbow, or hands or feet isn't easy. Centre mass is easier. Kudos to the policeman showing restraint, and just wanting the situation under control. 

12 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

I think they came out of the building. Maybe they thought it was a movie shooting?

Just now, vinny_in_vancouver said:

I think they came out of the building. Maybe they thought it was a movie shooting?

looks like it was an entrance to a building and those people had no clue what was going on.

Wow that cop had nerves of steel.  Being in Canada i betcha he hasnt had too many situations in his career where a guy was pointing something at him with the intention of making it look like he was going to shoot.  

1 minute ago, vinny_in_vancouver said:

They look like normal office people who do this around the same time everyday. It takes a few seconds to observe, process and fully comprehend that not only that something is not normal, but what exactly is going on. It's normal human psychology.

DO NOT BELIEVE the Corporate Media,Blood guts gore and an animal story,it's stories not news.

However the police "not" shooting this dummy might lead to the truth from him.Like "WHY" in the hell would he do something so harmful.It certainly appears like he did want the police to end his life,such a sad situation all around.

Also usually when the cops show up I tend to go the other way in a hurry,just because the $h!t has hit the fan or they wouldn't be there.

2 minutes ago, Hugor Hill said:

They look like normal office people who do this around the same time everyday. It takes a few seconds to observe, process and fully comprehend that not only that something is not normal, but what exactly is going on. It's normal human psychology.

Yeah, I should maybe give them a little more credit as the siren was actually off at the time they were walking by.

Archived