The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Van strikes multiple pedestrians in Toronto (9 confirmed fatalities, 16 injured)

1 minute ago, Toews said:

Keep in mind this is an American news outlet posting details before any of the Canadian media. I would wait for further confirmation.

Sounds Armenian. Not many Muslims there, although anything is possible, I suppose.

7 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

they should have executed him waste of taxes payers dollars keeping him in jail plus a court case  china has it right 35 cent bullet to the dome

That's not how things work..

6 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

they should have executed him waste of taxes payers dollars keeping him in jail plus a court case  china has it right 35 cent bullet to the dome

More likely he will get free counseling and a $10 million payout along with an apology from the Federal Government.  This is Canada, it must be our fault.

4 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Have been watching the live feed of this.  Endless comments about "religion/colour/refugee status"

Nobody even cares that innocent people were hurt anymore, they just care to point fingers and sow hate

It's a sad sad world we're living in

Typical leftist identity politics/news coverage. Can't simply have compassion for people regardless of origin.

10 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

2 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

More likely he will get free counseling and a $10 million payout along with an apology from the Federal Government.  This is Canada, it must be our fault.

This looks like a contest to see who could come up with the most ridiculously extreme response...

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

That's not how being a cop works....it's also not how the laws of our country work.  We're not American

Except that cop could have easily been killed if that phone was in fact a gun. He rolled the dice big time and got lucky. 

1 minute ago, VanGnome said:

Typical leftist identity politics/news coverage. Can't simply have compassion for people regardless of origin.

Lmao at "leftist identity politics/news coverage". The right is most guilty of playing identity politics in the face of such tragedies.

3 minutes ago, VanGnome said:

Uh....what?

Do gnomes not have intelligence at all?

COMMENTS were being made, not news casting of any kind.  COMMENTS from people who  made the same predominantly right wing characteristic statements after tattacks like this.

Reading is important, dissemination of said reading is even more so

Just now, RRypien37 said:

Except that cop could have easily been killed if that phone was in fact a gun. He rolled the dice big time and got lucky. 

That cop would have shot if it was in fact a gun.  Officers in canada are trained to assess situations before resorting to violence.  As well if you are unable to tell the difference between an actual gun vs a cell phone at 12 feet you shouldn't be working in law enforcement anyways.

1 minute ago, RRypien37 said:

Either that, or he could tell it was a cellphone. Just because American cops can't tell the difference....

4 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

This looks like a contest to see who could come up with the most ridiculously extreme response...

Precedent had been set.  The dialogue so many are upset about has been crafted through responses and actions taken by government and media to previous incidents.

Just now, Warhippy said:

That cop would have shot if it was in fact a gun.  Officers in canada are trained to assess situations before resorting to violence.  As well if you are unable to tell the difference between an actual gun vs a cell phone at 12 feet you shouldn't be working in law enforcement anyways.

You should change your username to IAMRIGHTABOUTEVERYTHING. 

Believe it or not, just because its your personal opinion and analysis, doesn't make it right. Every single one of your posts I see, it's the same kind of know it all vibe. 

Just now, RRypien37 said:

You should change your username to IAMRIGHTABOUTEVERYTHING. 

Believe it or not, just because its your personal opinion and analysis, doesn't make it right. Every single one of your posts I see, it's the same kind of know it all vibe. 

Believe it or not my brother in law is a cop and he is saying the exact same thing.  Want me to get him to dress up and have him record a clip saying ti to you?

Believe it or not, your opinions are not facts.  Officers in canada are trained to assess situations.  Not to shoot first.

If you don't like my posts be a man and ignore it or be a child and retort.  I don't care, you're just a whinging clown on a message board which is to say, you're pretty much...nothing.

Of course you could always approach an officer with a cell phone in that manner and see what happens.  I'd be highly interested to see the results.

4 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Officer and situation specific regardless of training....Kid on a trolley a few years back was gunned down while he was surrounded by officers who were not in danger.  Same for the kid recently shot to death who only had a knife...he too was surrounded by officers and shot from a distance.  Police are authorized to use deadly force if they feel threatened.  It is obviously open to a wide variety of interpretation.

Archived