The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Van strikes multiple pedestrians in Toronto (9 confirmed fatalities, 16 injured)

2 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Just your garden variety.....gnomesayin'?

I'm "short" on patience today it went over my pointy head.

The only biased coverage I saw was coming from FOX, almost universally and with much relief I saw just about every other news station simply reporting the incident and not resorting to identity plays

The comments though...were horrific.  The same rhetoric and BS from the same side of the spectrum.

22 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

they should have executed him waste of taxes payers dollars keeping him in jail plus a court case  china has it right 35 cent bullet to the dome

Are you not at all interested in finding out why he did this? Or if he's part of a group with whatever axe to grind? Perhaps finding out if there's others laying in wait?

The cowboy shoot em all stuff might make you feel good but in reality it's pretty dumb.

Just now, DIBdaQUIB said:

Officer and situation specific regardless of training....Kid on a trolley a few years back was gunned down while he was surrounded by officers who were not in danger.  Same for the kid recently shot to death who only had a knife...he too was surrounded by officers and shot from a distance.  Police are authorized to use deadly force if they feel threatened.  It is obviously open to a wide variety of interpretation.

Exactly.  And 100% correct.  Incidents DO happen sadly.  But by and large we are a nation of nearly 40 million people without a history of officers shooting randomly without first taking stock of the situation.

I cannot wait to listen to the interview with that officer.  He turned back gun drawn turned off his siren and went back to the situation.  He knew without question that the suspect was not holding a weapon.  Or he has balls of steel.

3 minutes ago, nuckin_futz said:

Are you not at all interested in finding out why he did this? Or if he's part of a group with whatever axe to grind? Perhaps finding out if there's others laying in wait?

The cowboy shoot em all stuff might make you feel good but in reality it's pretty dumb.

sorry im not a bleeding heart liberal    its obvious why he did it terrorism and mental illness   he injured and killed people wont bring them back, should lose his right to breathe. 

& now have their BIG "moment of silence" at the game next door?! Man it seems these kinds of things keep happening. Some espouse 'false flag' theories, if one peruses the 'net. At the end of the day, do we give equal consideration to all humans, trying to eke out an existence?

Examples: I hear OVER 1,000,000 dead in Iraq. WHYYY did that happen, again? WM....what the Hell was that about???

Syria: I've heard over 400,000 killed.

Yet some elites near the top seem convinced we need a fragmented society, hating on some group(whatever flavour of the day).

Yeah.. colour ME skeptical. I smell agendas at work.(constantly)

13 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Believe it or not my brother in law is a cop and he is saying the exact same thing.  Want me to get him to dress up and have him record a clip saying ti to you?

Believe it or not, your opinions are not facts.  Officers in canada are trained to assess situations.  Not to shoot first.

If you don't like my posts be a man and ignore it or be a child and retort.  I don't care, you're just a whinging clown on a message board which is to say, you're pretty much...nothing.

Of course you could always approach an officer with a cell phone in that manner and see what happens.  I'd be highly interested to see the results.

Thanks for proving my point. <3

1 minute ago, canuktravella said:

sorry im not a bleeding heart liberal    its obvious why he did it terrorism and mental illness   he injured and killed people wont bring them back, should lose his right to breathe. 

You don't have to be a bleeding heart liberal. If you don't want to see others injured or killed you take him alive if possible and try to prevent other attacks he may be linked to.

What are you going to tell the families of possible future victims of what this man could be linked to? "Sorry but we felt like popping him China style rather than preventing the death of your loved one?"

Just now, nuckin_futz said:

You don't have to be a bleeding heart liberal. If you don't want to see others injured or killed you take him alive if possible and try to prevent other attacks he may be linked to.

What are you going to tell the families of possible future victims of what this man could be linked to? "Sorry but we felt like popping him China style rather than preventing the death of your loved one?"

In soviet Canada Law kills you before crime kills you.  Speak out and visit Politburo

just raid his house and look at his cell data and waterboard him for  few days then shoot him in the head. Your assuming this guy knows anyone it looks to me like a lone wolf style inspired isis attack. 

2 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

just raid his house and look at his cell data and waterboard him for  few days then shoot him in the head. Your assuming this guy knows anyone it looks to me like a lone wolf style inspired isis attack. 

So wait now you don't think he should have been shot right then? Make up your mind.

I don't think anyone would trust what you feel something looks like...

1 minute ago, canuktravella said:

What if he's smart enough to not keep incriminating stuff at his house? What if it's in another location? What if there's nothing on his cell? What if it's all on burner phones that are now 20 feet deep in the land fill?

We can't waterboard him for a few days because you wasted him "Chinese style", remember?

It looks like a lot of things right now. That's because the investigation is only 5 hours old.

3 minutes ago, Hugor Hill said:

If he is an Islamic terrorist, he picked the wrong spot. Yonge between Finch and Sheppard has a heavy Korean presence. I bet 50% of those hit are Asian.

your assuming a lone wolf islamic terrorist cares who he kills its to get mass casulaties and to inspire more lonewolf sympathizers. If the media didnt feed this stuff out to people the crazies wouldnt get inspired  but until they shut down isis propaganda sites and terror stuff on social media it would go away 

What if he's smart enough to not keep incriminating stuff at his house? What if it's in another location? What if there's nothing on his cell? What if it's all on burner phones that are now 20 feet deep in the land fill?

We can't waterboard him for a few days because you wasted him "Chinese style", remember?

It looks like a lot of things right now. That's because the investigation is only 5 hours old.

wateves  i doubt he has any conspirators  looks lone wolf to me  should have shot him anyway one less nutjob walking around is good 

Archived