The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

MDF: (M1) Washington Capitals vs. (M2) Pittsburgh Penguins | Capitals win series 4-2

2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Round 2  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Capitals in 4
    • Capitals in 5
    • Capitals in 6
    • Capitals in 7
    • Penguins in 4
    • Penguins in 5
    • Penguins in 6
    • Penguins in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/29/2018 at 07:00 PM

This should be a good one. WASH are the decided underdogs. Calling for them to take it in 6. Why?..

- Pens have played a lot of hockey(past 36 mos)

- Murray's play has been uneven. Holtby is motivated to finally break thru

- Washington's D is slightly better

- Trotz the munster is respected; Sullivan's a buggy-eyed, raging imbecile. Alongside Kessel & Malkin, too many insufferable personalities

Oshie rises to occasion, with 3 GWG's. Bet the house on it - you'll thank me later! :^)

7 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

This should be a good one. WASH are the decided underdogs. Calling for them to take it in 6. Why?..

- Pens have played a lot of hockey(past 36 mos)

- Murray's play has been uneven. Holtby is motivated to finally break thru

- Washington's D is slightly better

- Trotz the munster is respected; Sullivan's a buggy-eyed, raging imbecile. Alongside Kessel & Malkin, too many insufferable personalities

Oshie rises to occasion, with 3 GWG's. Bet the house on it - you'll thank me later! :^)

My thinking was the same last season that Pens will tire out and have the hangover and be out.  But have yet to even see a sign of this.  

Pens haven't lost in a playoff series in 3 years!  If Pens go the finals again and 3peat, the rest of the league should be embarrassed.

Pens looked beatable against the Flyers, and probably would have lost if Philly had a competent goalie. Washington's problems have been scoring against the Pens, but I think they have a chance this year. 

22 minutes ago, JV77 said:

My thinking was the same last season that Pens will tire out and have the hangover and be out.  But have yet to even see a sign of this.  

Pens haven't lost in a playoff series in 3 years!  If Pens go the finals again and 3peat, the rest of the league should be embarrassed.

The lame stroke of the Pens will come out from the Wash!

5 hours ago, JV77 said:

Tom Wilson and DSP need to damn nail Phil & Sid every chance they can get.

This has to be the year the Caps slay the dragon

I was thinking the very same thing. The Caps dethrone the Pens in 7. Finally.

4 hours ago, JV77 said:

If history always repeats itself, we would not have slayed the dragon in 2011...

In my opinion, looking back that was pretty much a fluke. Ahead 3-0 in the series and need game 7 OT heroics to win. I call that surviving the dragon.

I'm cheering hard for OV. I don't know if I can handle the Pens winning another cup. He has pretty good playoff numbers. Almost a point a game when it's even tougher to score. He'll still be the scapegoat if they lose not matter how well he plays. 

I read that the Caps are 1-9 in the playoffs against the Pens all time. That right there is just historic ownage. the Caps winning would be like the time the Sox beat the Yanks, and finally broke the curse. This is the year to do it, the Pens have played a lot of hockey over the past couple of seasons. 

I feel like this is the Capitals' year. I still have Tampa in the finals in most of my pools, but I also picked the Caps in a couple just because no one was picking them.

Like Vancouver, or San Jose, or any of those teams with a history of playoff failure, there's always one season where it just all goes right, and I think it's finally the Caps turn.

MAF stole this series last year, so let's see if Murray can be good enough.

Archived