The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bring back Gully?

luckylager

Gully come back?  

94 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'd like Glen Gulutzan to rejoin the Canucks coaching staff. Frankly, we need all the help we can get with a very young team set to hit the ice next year.

Yea or nay. Simple poll

http://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/canucks-should-gulutzan-be-brought-back-into-coaching-fold/amp

Sorry, stupid phone won't stupid copy and paste text from the stupid "province"

Just now, 189lb enforcers? said:

Stupid is, as stupid does.

(the Province) 

Lol

If I wasn't so lazy I'd head all the way to the stupid basement, into my "office" and tap some clicky buttons on my stupid mouse. 

But I'm not doing that.

Bring back Gully. We need help

Just now, luckylager said:

Lol

If I wasn't so lazy I'd head all the way to the stupid basement, into my "office" and tap some clicky buttons on my stupid mouse. 

But I'm not doing that.

Bring back Gully. We need help

I’m all for a guy like him, just depends on Greener and if he wants to. 

6 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

he was fired for a reason.

lets bring back bure, linden, benning, pat quinn, the sedins, naslund, rickley, eddie lack, the olson twins, harry neal, gino, garth butcher, messier, dave nonis and cloutier as well.  be great making canucks great again 

Uhhhhh, Canucks never fired Gully. He was offered a HC job in Cowturdy and took it. At least that's how I remember it.

He's a good coach. Canucks alumni should be getting moved out to bring him in. Baumer ain't so good back there 

he did nothing here why bring him back? we had some semblance of decent play at the end of the season. don't mess that up with 1 more cook in the kitchen.

Hard pass. he can join willie's staff in Dallas if he ends up there.

9 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Uhhhhh, Canucks never fired Gully. He was offered a HC job in Cowturdy and took it. At least that's how I remember it.

He's a good coach. Canucks alumni should be getting moved out to bring him in. Baumer ain't so good back there 

Baumgartner doesn't appear to be good stock for coaching, at least not yet. Why I feel GG slides back in nicely.

5 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Eh, no point in really bringing him back. I thought he was the offensive/powerplay guy during some of our most abysmal years in both categories. Stick with Newell Brown. 

Brown didn't turn the corner until Vanek told him how to set up a PP, with Boeser and the twins. Our second unit set up was tragic even after the "Vanek Lesson" 

I'm more keen on him taking Baumers job anyways, and collaborating with the rest of the staff.

6 minutes ago, PuckFather said:

To mop the floors of the arena? Or a job at a food stand? Did you not see what he did to the Flames?

Forgive me father for I have sinned..

I'm not convinced the Flames suckassedness was Gully's fault. They, like the Coilers, just suck no matter who coaches them. Flamers last coach went from hero to zero in one season and Gully was expected to fix their lockerroom? Odd.

Coming back as an assistant with even more experience wouldn't be a bad thing. You learn more from your failures than your victories.

I am not too keen on bringing back Gully as he had not been good as an head coach in Dallas and recent short tenure at Calgary.   He had some players with more firepower at his helm than the Canucks and yet he hadn't done a great job keeping the team focused at hand.   If Greener is looking for a new assistant coach, it would have to come from somewhere.   Some outside perspective who hadn't been a part of Canucks for some fresh insight would help to make some adjustment to defensive side of things.  Baumer, I'm not too keen with him as well so this is my opinion.    Right now, as an organization, we need to reduce some injures on our roster so maybe some adjustment to our team play might help as well.   We had some injures at a very high rate in last 3 years so might be good time to take a look at this area.  

1 hour ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Eh, no point in really bringing him back. I thought he was the offensive/powerplay guy during some of our most abysmal years in both categories. Stick with Newell Brown. 

Powerplay was not Gulutzan but Perry Pearn.

Archived