The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Value Of] Would you trade anything for 1st overall?

Would you trade any player for 1st overall?  

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

If I was an opposing GM, and Benning came up to me asking for that pick it will start with 

1st rd pick 2018 (6-9) 

Elias Petterson 

Brock Boeser

Olli Juolevi

1st rd pick 2019 NON-PROTECTED 

Benning drops trow and makes a mess of your desk hours before breaking your face in the parking lot.

I would only trade this year's pick with some scraps for the first overall pick, which won't happen.

Otherwise don't deviate from the plan we have in place, the parts are begining to fit. I am so looking forward to Horvat, Boeser, Pettersson, Juolevi and Gaudette in the lineup next year, stay the course.

Just now, Nuxfanabroad said:

For these reasons, if we land that pick, I look seriously at dealing it.

Quebec made out like bandits, with the Lindros haul.

This has potential to play out similarly.

Two Stanley Cups later...

9 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

For these reasons, if we land that pick, I look seriously at dealing it.

Quebec made out like bandits, with the Lindros haul.

This has potential to play out similarly.

Image result for epic facepalm gif

Draft the first #1 D in franchise history, and trade him away.  That would be so Canucks.  

Yeah the Lindros trade was awesome but I think trading for arguably the best goalie in hockey history had more to do with the Avs being the Avs.  

8 minutes ago, 6string said:

I would only trade this year's pick with some scraps for the first overall pick, which won't happen.

Otherwise don't deviate from the plan we have in place, the parts are begining to fit. I am so looking forward to Horvat, Boeser, Pettersson, Juolevi and Gaudette in the lineup next year, stay the course.

A buncha forwards and no D.  That worked great in Edmonton.  

16 minutes ago, 6string said:

Or just win the pick :^) 

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [Value Of] Would you trade anything for 1st overall?
2 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

Franchise D men don't grow on trees. Elite forwards grow on trees in comparison to elite Defencemen  

You obvious don't understand value though. Two elite franchise forwards, two top tens and a future top 4 Dman.. Ludicrous. 

Don't ever work in a field that requires you to bargain. You'll end up fired and black balled across your industry. 

12 minutes ago, CanadianRugby said:

Image result for epic facepalm gif

Draft the first #1 D in franchise history, and trade him away.  That would be so Canucks.  

Yeah the Lindros trade was awesome but I think trading for arguably the best goalie in hockey history had more to do with the Avs being the Avs.  

A buncha forwards and no D.  That worked great in Edmonton.  

Edmonton have way more problems than that, we will stay the course watch and see!

I will be as excited as anybody if we win the lottery.  We should take Dahlin and run with it.  He will be great.  I think, though, as much as we have to caution ourselves about EP a bit, Dahlin is still a prospect.   He is not proven in the nhl and I would not give up a chance at Hughes or Boquist or one of the other great yound dmen plus a great deal more for him.  While I think he has great value, we should not give away our team for him.  We need all hands on deck.  Drafting and developing is a bit of a lottery in itself.  You are gambling that these kids will be stars.  The more lotttery tickets the better.  I wouldn't trade away too many assets ala the Lindros deal to get Dahlin.  We would be gutted and it is a team sport.

35 minutes ago, Toews said:

Pittsburgh proved last year that you don't need elite defenseman to win. 

While true, I don't think the Pens are a good example for not needing good D.  They have one of the best forward groups in the cap era and the best player of this generation in Sidney Crosby.  

Yeah, I'm not interested in acquiring the 1st pick via trade - way too expensive.

I'd be much more interested in what we could bring in if we won 1st overall and other teams were making the ludicrous offers to us.

1 hour ago, DontMessMe said:

If I was an opposing GM, and Benning came up to me asking for that pick it will start with 

1st rd pick 2018 (6-9) 

Elias Petterson 

Brock Boeser

Olli Juolevi

1st rd pick 2019 NON-PROTECTED 

Lmfao what made you even think of that

Wouldnt trade for it. Dahlin looks like hes going to be a future stud but D are hard to predict and he’s no guarantee. The price would not be worth it.

If we did win I would consider trading it,  but only for a package a sane GM wouldnt give up.

Archived