• Lightning in 5
    • Lightning in 6
    • Lightning in 7
    • Bruins in 4
    • Bruins in 5
    • Bruins in 6
    • Bruins in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/30/2018 at 11:00 PM

11 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Boston was handed the cup from the ref's, no one forgets. But maybe it depends on your age, if you've had to listed to "Canada's team" and all the other bs out of TO for decades maybe it would be more understandable why people (like me) were very happy to see the Leafs crushed by Boston. 

It's tough when your least favourite and second least favourite teams have a playoff series against each other, either way there's no real happy outcome with one moving on to round 2. Hopefully Tampa takes care of Boston.

Tampa Bay wasn't as dominate the last half of the season. They score themselves out of a lot of trouble but we'll see how the handle the Bruins top line. I guess the Bruins didn't exactly play lockdown hockey against the Leafs and both teams can score on 3 lines so we might see a fantastic series with a couple games stolen by the goalies.

I picked Tampa but I still think the Bruins have enough of the core that has been to the finals twice, mixed in with some great young players. They might not win it all this year, but their window has re-opened a little bit in my mind, and if they are able to win another cup you have to start to talk about the Chara Bergeron Marchand Bruins as being just a notch below the Hawks Kings and Pens mini-dynasties.

On 4/26/2018 at 10:43 AM, cbdoubleu said:

Tampa Bay wasn't as dominate the last half of the season. They score themselves out of a lot of trouble but we'll see how the handle the Bruins top line. I guess the Bruins didn't exactly play lockdown hockey against the Leafs and both teams can score on 3 lines so we might see a fantastic series with a couple games stolen by the goalies.

I picked Tampa but I still think the Bruins have enough of the core that has been to the finals twice, mixed in with some great young players. They might not win it all this year, but their window has re-opened a little bit in my mind, and if they are able to win another cup you have to start to talk about the Chara Bergeron Marchand Bruins as being just a notch below the Hawks Kings and Pens mini-dynasties.

The Bruins top line will be facing this though:

Hedman Girardi

McDonagh Stralman

Coburn Sergachev

The blueline of a contender

instead of

Reilly Hainsey

Gardiner Zaitsev

Dermott Polak

The blueline of a pretender.

2 minutes ago, AV's Coin said:

^

Why would they blow it down? They dont blow the whistle when a stick breaks.

Fair enough but the league should look at changing that. It’s one thing to lose a stick it’s another for a goaltender to lose a skate blade. 

Archived