The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Leafs to sign C Par Lindholm

7 hours ago, JamesBlondage said:

Hey I am curious if you know what this guys height is? I have seen him listed anywhere from 5'11" to 6'3"...not sure what is the most accurate report.

Never measured him.   Sorry, couldn't resist.

Not sure where the 5'11" comes from - perhaps when he was in junior high.   Scout list I saw his name on from his first SEL season had him at 6'2" so take that for what it is.

6 hours ago, oldnews said:

not sure why you think the Canucks think they have the inside track.

have the Canucks suggested that, or are you reading Eliotte Friedman types suggesting the team has a good shot at him as if speaking for the franchise?

The article I read here suggested Canucks think they have best shot.   It did not mention Friedman.

2 hours ago, samurai said:

On a bigger ice there is less impact.  I fly to Europe including Sweden many times a year and have for a very long time. Any chance I get to see some hockey I go.  I have seen a lot live. The SEL is not the NHL.  Good hockey mostly fun to watch but the NHL is at a different level for obvious reasons.

It is equal or above AHL and just as nasty - particularly in playoffs.   There is "extra" space once you have a player lined up against the boards.   The hits there are just as effective.   

19 hours ago, samurai said:

Gaunce got 3 of the final 5 and one of those was because Archie had the flu - the final home game.  For the final Sedin game  Motte and Archie got the call over Gaunce.  Gaunce might have even gotten fewer games from Green if Motte hadn’t had the waiver issues.

Green for the final Sedin game iced his all star team and Guance was not on it. Very telling.  Will it matter in oct - no.  

Gaunce was injured and out from Feb 6 to March 29 (his first game back in two months).  There were 4 games remaining of which he played two.

Attempting to come to the conclusions / assumptions that you have - based on this - is completely unconvincing.

5 hours ago, oldnews said:

Gaunce was injured and out from Feb 6 to March 29 (his first game back in two months).  There were 4 games remaining of which he played two.

Attempting to come to the conclusions / assumptions that you have - based on this - is completely unconvincing.

I would fully expect someone who didn’t even know that guance played 3 games at the end of the season to be unconvinced.    

On 4/28/2018 at 6:04 PM, JamesBlondage said:

Interesting...wonder what made them decide they weren't interested anymore...

Have you seen the lack of NHL d-man on our roster......    that may have had something to do with it....

Archived