The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Now and then: CDC

-AJ-

1 minute ago, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

Although I met a Japanese guy in an Irish bar in Osaka that recently invited me to his wedding :lol:

You dam well better be going. 

I haven’t had the pleasure of going to a wedding as an “adult” yet. I’ll be 25 in August. A friend of mine just got engaged last month and he was the first, so it’s all starting now I guess. 

3 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

You dam well better be going. 

I haven’t had the pleasure of going to a wedding as an “adult” yet. I’ll be 25 in August. A friend of mine just got engaged last month and he was the first, so it’s all starting now I guess. 

I did consider it but the whole having no money thing kind of put a dampener on those plans :lol:

I haven't been to an actual ceremony for about 4 years. I usually just get an evening invite. Which is fine by me most of the time. Hiring a kilt and all that is expensive for the traditional weddings.

1 minute ago, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

I did consider it but the whole having no money thing kind of put a dampener on those plans :lol:

I haven't been to an actual ceremony for about 4 years. I usually just get an evening invite. Which is fine by me most of the time. Hiring a kilt and all that is expensive for the traditional weddings.

What’s the likelihood you meet your future wife at this wedding? Maybe you could crowdfund CDC. I’d support it. 

Maybe I’m culturally ignorant but I find it hilarious to think you’d actually wear a kilt to a wedding. Not you specifically- but dozens, maybe hundreds, of Scots. Weird, the lot of ya. 

Just now, Sean Monahan said:

What’s the likelihood you meet your future wife at this wedding? Maybe you could crowdfund CDC. I’d support it. 

Maybe I’m culturally ignorant but I find it hilarious to think you’d actually wear a kilt to a wedding. Not you specifically- but dozens, maybe hundreds, of Scots. Weird, the lot of ya. 

It's just traditional dress I guess. My family's from the Western isles so it's probably more common there and in the highlands. I have one that was handed down to me but it's just ridiculously ill fitting and I've never had it altered. You could probably get off with wearing a suit in most instances these days though. Like pretty much everywhere the place is becoming more Anglified / Americanized in a cultural sense (the music, gaelic language dying etc.).

1 hour ago, BananaMash said:

I actually first joined in 2006, I was a stupid young teen and ended up banned by 2008. Came back in 2010, even though I lurked in the meantime, with this account because I couldn't remember my account details. So, I guess I've been here for about 12 years total, but only 8 years as BananaMash.

I think there used to be a lot more big personalities on the forum. Or, it felt like it at least. The Devil's Workday, Marinated Pea, @Twilight Sparkle, @g_bassi13, Octane, WiLBoY, Bucky Hermit, and I think @Mainly Mattias were all people I remember being really active in White Noise when it was still good/bumpin'. @:D was always around too. Oh, and Ambulocetus.

Then you had people like BertuzziBabe, Wings Imagery, Flinch, The Pauser, UkrainianCanuck, and a handful of others regularly posting things that people memed the hell out of. It was mean sometimes, but usually hilarious too.

The current state of the forum seems to have a lot less silliness going on regularly. Though, it's really cool to see some of the older members kicking around. When they pop out it's super nostalgic. There are definitely still quality moments here sometimes, though.

Good times. Think people are just more reserved now. I miss the silliness! we need more of that. too much adulting is bad for everyone's health. lol

i think i was a lurker from 2003 then joined in 2006. lots of different personalities changed even during that time..

oh and godzilla deuce was a fun poster too. miss octane. he's the only one i've met from cdc.

47 minutes ago, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

"You still are a dick S7C."

Just getting in ahead of the rest of you.

You were never a dick, SC

18 minutes ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

this modern era of WN peaked in like 2013 when @BananaMash gumball, magikal avsie, and i ran this show XD those comics when i came out as a brony rofl

oh man, was that seriously 5 years ago??!!!

2 minutes ago, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

It's just traditional dress I guess. My family's from the Western isles so it's probably more common there and in the highlands. I have one that was handed down to me but it's just ridiculously ill fitting and I've never had it altered. You could probably get off with wearing a suit in most instances these days though. Like pretty much everywhere the place is becoming more Anglified / Americanized in a cultural sense (the music, gaelic language dying etc.).

Why haven’t you had your kilt altered? What does a kilt cost? I imagine it’s expensive if they’re getting handed down, or is it more of a sentimental thing?

2 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

Why haven’t you had your kilt altered? What does a kilt cost? I imagine it’s expensive if they’re getting handed down, or is it more of a sentimental thing?

I only got it about 6 months ago so I've just never got around to it. Maybe soon. It's the family / clan tartan so I guess it's kind of sentimental in that sense.

It really depends on the quality and material. For something decent anywhere from $500 to $1500 I would guess.

2 hours ago, BananaMash said:

I actually first joined in 2006, I was a stupid young teen and ended up banned by 2008. Came back in 2010, even though I lurked in the meantime, with this account because I couldn't remember my account details. So, I guess I've been here for about 12 years total, but only 8 years as BananaMash.

I think there used to be a lot more big personalities on the forum. Or, it felt like it at least. The Devil's Workday, Marinated Pea, @Twilight Sparkle, @g_bassi13, Octane, WiLBoY, Bucky Hermit, and I think @Mainly Mattias were all people I remember being really active in White Noise when it was still good/bumpin'. @:D was always around too. Oh, and Ambulocetus.

Then you had people like BertuzziBabe, Wings Imagery, Flinch, The Pauser, UkrainianCanuck, and a handful of others regularly posting things that people memed the hell out of. It was mean sometimes, but usually hilarious too.

The current state of the forum seems to have a lot less silliness going on regularly. Though, it's really cool to see some of the older members kicking around. When they pop out it's super nostalgic. There are definitely still quality moments here sometimes, though.

I think @MelonHelmet is a pretty cool guy. Eh makes crazy posts and doesn't afraid of anything.

1 hour ago, Sean Monahan said:

Don’t think I don’t remember that, BM. I remember. Just a couple of bros talking about bro things (weightlifting) until you decided it was beneath you. 

And that’s the thing. I think cdc is by and large a great forum. I belong to another forum (weightlifting related) and it pales in comparison to cdc in terms of the activity level and the community feel. That said, it would be pretty cool if cdc could organize a night where a bunch of us go to a game or even go watch it at a bar (maybe The Pint, the Canucks official pub). Or something along those lines. I don’t know many people who geek out as hard as I do on the Canucks or even hockey in general so it would be fun to do. Put some faces to names. Cause right now my perception of people on here is weird. I still think of @theminister as looking like MLK even though I know it ain’t right. 

I'm an albino Gandhi but heavier set.

24 minutes ago, g_bassi13 said:

I think @MelonHelmet is a pretty cool guy. Eh makes crazy posts and doesn't afraid of anything.

Honestly, reading posts from back then is the best. It's painful, and it makes me wince, but I love it. I also am pretty sure I got banned for making a joke...male reproductive fluids. It was a good run.

Bake me away, toys.

58 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

Those were the glory days.

i used to think 07 were the glory days for me, since that year was just total anarchy, but ive really warmed up to the summer of 2013. i was also doing a lot more with my life then but the quality of dank in '13 was lit. i would say the times in this years playoffs in those gdt's (especially the caps run) were the most fun i have ever had on this forum. you guys all rock

1 hour ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

i used to think 07 were the glory days for me, since that year was just total anarchy, but ive really warmed up to the summer of 2013. i was also doing a lot more with my life then but the quality of dank in '13 was lit. i would say the times in this years playoffs in those gdt's (especially the caps run) were the most fun i have ever had on this forum. you guys all rock

2013 was the second prime of White Noise. It becomes legendary every decade. 2023 should be magical.

6 hours ago, BananaMash said:

Honestly, reading posts from back then is the best. It's painful, and it makes me wince, but I love it. I also am pretty sure I got banned for making a joke...male reproductive fluids. It was a good run.

Bake me away, toys.

LOL you should have been in those caps finals gtd more XD when i was on the liquor in really in to the game i got lewd af x_x

7 hours ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

the second coming of gumball. book it. we'll get the band back together for a reunion tour to show these younguns how champs roll XD

Would love to see the dankery that you guys come up with.

Archived