The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Montreal Canadiens Open to trading 3rd Overall Pick (If a Great offer comes up)

Rush17

49 minutes ago, Brock Botanen said:

I missed the part where were looking to trade our pick?

Montreal isn’t looking to trade their pick.  They’re open to trading for a great deal. What you offered is far from an enticing deal 

Karlsson to Montreal?

ottawa picking 3rd and 4th could leave with zadina or svech and boqvist

they likely get a damn with the 1st as well like say Juulsen.

thats hard to say no to in my opinion and makes sense for both teams. Montreal is not a rebuild. They need to take advantage of price while they can. 

4 hours ago, Me_ said:

Baertschi is a scorer

Baertschi would have tremendous value to Montreal.

What do I base this on you ask?

Did you catch the Drouin deal lol.  

There are a lot of French speaking Swiss.  How do you say "Baertschi" en francais?   Say it like that when you offer him to Bergevin.

3 hours ago, teepain said:

3rd overall for 7th baer tanev is what they would look for

Plekanec, Drouin, Danault, De La Rose and Froese were their 5 players who took the most draws last season.  Plekanec has been traded at the TDL.  Drouin is ideally playing wing.  They have plenty of wingers (many being also on the smaller side) but desperately need top-6 Cs.

They don't need Tanev with Weber and Petry already on the right side.  They are looking for a high end left side PMD.  Alzner, Schlemko, Benn, Reilly are under contract too.  They kept Mete all year in Montreal and Juulsen is also ready to challenge for a spot.  They don't need any of the Canucks' Ds.  

• 1 month later...

Way I see it if MTL is all in on Kotkaniemi they will have to deal with either Detroit or Vancouver as he won't slip past Chicago who have taken a good sniff.

Detroit seems all in on Hughes. I don't think the Canucks offer would have to be staggering  as we could be pretty comfortable with getting a real good player at 7.

7OA + Gaudette + 37oa would be my top offer they get a ready now young C hobey baker winner + the guy they want in the draft + a pick at the top of the 2nd in a deep draft. 

We get a decade of Zadina Pettersson Boeser

50 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Way I see it if MTL is all in on Kotkaniemi they will have to deal with either Detroit or Vancouver as he won't slip past Chicago who have taken a good sniff.

Detroit seems all in on Hughes. I don't think the Canucks offer would have to be staggering  as we could be pretty comfortable with getting a real good player at 7.

7OA + Gaudette + 37oa would be my top offer they get a ready now young C hobey baker winner + the guy they want in the draft + a pick at the top of the 2nd in a deep draft. 

The way he's rising Kotkaniemi may not still be there at 7

2 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Bergevin said this week that it is very unlikely that they'll trade the pick

I will be soo stoked to hear "with the 3rd pick in the 2018 draft the Montreal Canadians select. Kotkaniemi. 

Zadina Would do wonders for Ott. Mtl would get the player they want and the Canucks would essentially move up a position and 3 Canadian teams would benefit. Arizona I think still takes Boqvist. Detriot might waiver to Tkachuk in which case Quinn Hughes all the way. And with his brother set to go 1st overall in the next years draft and the canucks poised to have their worst season in franchise history. The table is set for the next brother duo in Vancouver.  

34 minutes ago, Pears said:

He also said he wasn’t going to trade P. K. Subban. 

I’m not saying you have to take him at his word.  Just saying that’s the latest quote.  Top 5 picks are talkec about every year and seldom moved.  I think that’s probably the case again this year.  

46 minutes ago, Pears said:

Has he though?  Bergevin mostly told media that he is not shopping him or looking to trade him.  He even confirmed that he listens to offers because it's his job.  He also talked of how it's not realistic because of the return they would expect in such a trade. The way he answered always left the door open for a trade - Montreal media always felt that he was not untouchable.  

Detroit who has 6th overall said they spoke to the teams ahead of them and moving up is not realistic. 

1 hour ago, Pears said:

Bergevin also said he wouldn't trade Sergachev, either. He also publicly stated his final offer was on the table for Radulov but as it turned out he offered to match what Dallas had offered at the last second but Rads wasn't going back on his word to Dallas.

1 hour ago, qwijibo said:

I’m not saying you have to take him at his word.  Just saying that’s the latest quote.  Top 5 picks are talkec about every year and seldom moved.  I think that’s probably the case again this year.  

You can't believe anything Bergevin says. He's arrogant, word class liar.

On 5/1/2018 at 1:27 AM, iinatcc said:

Habs 3rd for Vancouver's 7th and Loui Eriksson 

In NHL 17 that would have been possible

http://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/the-provies-the-stretcher-the-jv18-secret-sauce-and-the-showdown-with-friedman

I did hear a team — or teams — called in recent weeks to inquire on Eriksson’s availability via trade.

Impossible, you say?

Was told Montreal was one, which would add up because the Habs were in on Eriksson when he was a free agent and their current head coach is Claude Julien who just happens to be the head coach.

As the story goes, Montreal wasn’t going to do anything unless the Canucks retained salary.

5 hours ago, hammertime said:

Please don't ever, ever, become the Canucks GM.

2 hours ago, fivethej said:

Bergevin also said he wouldn't trade Sergachev, either. He also publicly stated his final offer was on the table for Radulov but as it turned out he offered to match what Dallas had offered at the last second but Rads wasn't going back on his word to Dallas.

You can't believe anything Bergevin says. He's arrogant, word class liar.

I’m a Montreal fan and I despise Bergevin.  But I’m going to dispute your Sergachev trade denial.  I don’t recall a single instance where he was even asked if he’d consider tracing a Sergachev.  Let alone him saying he wouldn’t. That trade came out of left field. 

That said, I agree you can’t trust what he says.  He only has his job because he’s French and Molson is too cheap and too much of a coward to replace him with a more qualified English gm 

Archived