The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Acording to Bob McKenzie ( Picks 5 through 8)

J.I.A.H.N

Who do the canucks pick at 7th OA...................(this is not who we want, but who will we pick, with who is available at #7)  

427 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just reading an article from Bob Mckenzie, who claims that the ranking from the 10 scouts, pre lottery are:

1. Dahlin LHD

----------------------------------------------

2. Svechnikov RW

3. Zadina LW

4. Tkachuk LW/C

5. Bouchard RHD

6. Boqvist RHD

7. Wahlstrom C

8. Dobson RHD

-----------------------------------------------

9. Hughes LHD

McKenzie basically has said that the 10 team scout's that he canvas's has put the players into these categories, and that they are distinctive, each player standing alone in his position until it comes down to positions 6, 7, 8, where Boqvist, Wahlstrom and Dobson are virtually tied, in rankings..............this gets me to wondering exactly which player does CDC want to have Benning pick?

The attached poll, will ask this question.......................

I refuse to buy into the Bouchard hype. I think he's the one that some fool takes between 5 and 8 and in a re-draft the guy isn't even in the first round anymore.

I'm happy with any of Boqvist, Dobson, Hughes, or Wahlstrom. They're all fantastic picks.

7 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

I want to wait until the draft combine to figure out where Boqvist should be ranked. Is he 5'11, 5'10, or 5'9. Is he 175, 165, or 155lbs? If he is 5'11 and 175, you take him and run. 

And he’s almost a full year of growth younger than many of the kids in that draft.  A year from now, he might be 6’ and 190 lbs.  I really think, after reading CDC over the last while, Boquist is the Pettersson of this draft.  The kid has a very high ceiling.  

10 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

I want to wait until the draft combine to figure out where Boqvist should be ranked. Is he 5'11, 5'10, or 5'9. Is he 175, 165, or 155lbs? If he is 5'11 and 175, you take him and run. 

Good point. And what is the status of his concussion issues. Does he have one at present? And is it serious enough to be a red flag? 

Just now, JamesB said:

Good point. And what is the status of his concussion issues. Does he have one at present? And is it serious enough to be a red flag? 

Read here he does have one now, and it’s his second this season.  He’s a risk, but his ceiling is crazy high.  I think we need to get these super elite guys.  Pettersson is looking fabulous!

I hope they don't take Wahlstrom, might be a hell of a player but we need D for the future, our forward group looks decent but our D is pretty blah....  If Boqvist is still there they gotta grab that kid.

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Read here he does have one now, and it’s his second this season.  He’s a risk, but his ceiling is crazy high.  I think we need to get these super elite guys.  Pettersson is looking fabulous!

Couldn't agree more on this point. You don't want to pass on this kid. He's going to be a very good defenseman at the NHL level, not quite as strong as Dahlin, but no one in this draft is. Boqvist may have the highest upside of any of the remaining defensemen available and he's one of the youngest players available...

1 minute ago, JamesBlondage said:

Couldn't agree more on this point. You don't want to pass on this kid. He's going to be a very good defenseman at the NHL level, not quite as strong as Dahlin, but no one in this draft is. Boqvist may have the highest upside of any of the remaining defensemen available and he's one of the youngest players available...

Maybe the concussions will have teams stay away from him, so he is there for us?

Difference between defensemen and forwards in general is that it takes longer for defensemen to mature, and it is still a big man position.......

2 concussions at 17?............I wonder how many Bouchard/Dobson and Hughes have had............you just have to watch the Nash/Winn series to see how much size matters.....

you either have to be able to absorb the hit, or avoid it..................Boqvist seems not to be able to do that! The risk of playing boys with men!

3 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

well we need two things, a Center and a D so which ever is the best at that spot TAKE!

I believe the Canucks intend to develop Pettersson into a C. He'll start out playing wing though. If Tkachuk is gone, they'll want Wahlstrom.

Dahlen - Pettersson - Wahlstrom

(eg)

or, if Tkachuk and Wahlstrom are gone:

Boqvist

Hughes

Dobson

Bouchard

I'll reserve judgement at the moment, leaning towards Boqvist for now.. If he's the 5'11" 170lbs that I'm seeing.

At that age I was the same height but 155lbs, so he's going to round out near enough to 6' and probably 185lbs with manstrength gained around 23.

That being said, I think he's gone at 7. 

It'll end up being Dobson, and that's great because it'll mean he passed the Benning personality test. I'm cool with almost whatever Jimmy does.

Just now, cripplereh said:

oh and according to Bob the leafs win the cup every year, so who cares what Bob says or thinks as he rarely has anything new to add to hockey and tells people what is there for all to see

Not sure what your deal is but Bob is one of the most reliable hockey analysts out there. I'm going to say your comment should be completely ignored as nonsense.

13 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

oh and according to Bob the leafs win the cup every year, so who cares what Bob says or thinks as he rarely has anything new to add to hockey and tells people what is there for all to see

I know Bobby Mac works for the Leaf’s propaganda machine, but usually his scout based draft list is pretty accurate.  

Just now, Fateless said:

I refuse to buy into the Bouchard hype. I think he's the one that some fool takes between 5 and 8 and in a re-draft the guy isn't even in the first round anymore.

I'm happy with any of Boqvist, Dobson, Hughes, or Wahlstrom. They're all fantastic picks.

Can you elaborate on this? There's enough scouting reports out there from credible analysts that suggest he is a good pick, like the other top 10 prospects that are found in the OP.

Archived