• Noah Dobson
    • Barrett Hayton
    • Oliver Wahlstrom
    • Brady Tkachuk
    • Other
  3. 3. Third Choice

4. 4. Do Not Want

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/22/2018 at 07:00 AM

Note: I usually post this in the "Prospects" sections but I can't find Poll option there. If a mod could move it there, I would appreciate it.

Pick your top 3 players for the 7th overall pick at the draft. The last choice is for the player you do not want. 

The following players have not been included because there is little chance of them being available at the 7th pick:

1. Rasmus Dahlin
  2. Andrei Svechnikov
  3. Filip Zadina

Previous Results:

QcY0l2d.png

nDnoopz.png

iMjwNWr.png

5CLMm4I.png

2mdqxx2.png

5p0751.png

25ter6v.png

I love looking back on who we actually pick for these old polls.

I'm picking:

1. Boqvist

2. Tkachuk

3. Bouchard

I don't have any players I particularly don't want, so I just went with a name I've never heard of.

Regarding my picks, I suspect Tkachuk will very likely be gone by 7th and I think Boqvist probably will too, so I suspect Bouchard is my first plausible pick.

EDIT:

After learning more about Tkachuk, I've decided I don't want him. My new list as of May 22:

I'm picking:

1. Boqvist

2. Bouchard

3. Dobson

Don't want: Tkachuk

I still think Boqvist will probably be gone. In the end, I'm happy with anyone ranked all the way up to #9, but I would prefer to avoid Tkachuk.

• -AJ- pinned this topic

This is such a tough one. I keep hearing convincing arguments for most of these guys. I'm just gonna trust Benning on this one.

Also, well done with the thread. I like the history. It will interesting to look back on who the fans wanted and how each guy pans out.

EDIT: Whoops. I accidentally picked Wahlstrom as a do not want. Please disregard that.

Thanks for posting the historical data OP.  Very interesting.

2014:  Virtanen voted 2nd, close behind Ritchie and just ahead of Ehlers (all three within 2 votes)

2015:  Boeser 4th choice.  CDC overwhelmingly wanted Kylington (played 1 NHL game in 2015-16)

2016:  Juolevi 3rd choice behind Dubois, Tkachuk and slightly ahead of Sergachev

2017:  Pettersson waaay down the list but now, we love him so....

Interesting that who we don't want turns into at least a solid player. Carlo is a top-4, right handed defenseman with size (something we're desperate for). Brown is ok. Rasmussen has been obliterating the WHL playoffs (16 goals, 17 assists for 33 points in 14 games, or 2.36 PPG). 

1) Hughes

2) Bouchard

3) Smith

Do Not Want: Tkachuk

Hughes is the game breaking talent we need from the blue line. There's no other defenseman in this draft (besides Dahlin) that can control the game the way he can. He dictates what happens on the ice 5 on 5 and on the powerplay. His speed, quickness, agility and edgework are probably the best in the draft. Bouchard looks like a very good option, but I'm less certain he'll be available for us anyway. He can control the pace of a game very well, but he I don't think he has the tools to take it over the way Hughes does. Smith is still being underrated. He literally had a better draft year than Provorov, is regarded as the best in his own end among the 2nd tier defensemen (along with Dobson), is relied on in all situations and is known as a character kid who has the potential to wear a letter in the NHL. The fact that he's 5'10 is going to make him a steal for whoever get's him. 

Tkachuk's point production matches with players who were picked in the mid/late 1st. I don't think he's as smart or skilled as his brother and I think his potential isn't that high even though his floor is. 

HM: I think Kotkaniemi will turn out really well, but the Canucks should be focusing on equally good defensemen.

2 hours ago, funkyfresh said:

Note: I usually post this in the "Prospects" sections but I can't find Poll option there. If a mod could move it there, I would appreciate it.

Pick your top 3 players for the 7th overall pick at the draft. The last choice is for the player you do not want. 

The following players have not been included because there is little chance of them being available at the 7th pick:

1. Rasmus Dahlin
  2. Andrei Svechnikov
  3. Filip Zadina

Previous Results:

QcY0l2d.png

nDnoopz.png

iMjwNWr.png

5CLMm4I.png

2mdqxx2.png

5p0751.png

25ter6v.png

2016 shows how wrong fans are in evaluating players. I find it funny how many say this guy is the best, simply off reading an article / rankings / scouting report and watching a few YouTube highlights. 

In our area area from the players I’ve seen (and I haven’t seen the majority so it’s hard to compare), but of those I’ve watched Kotkaniemi, Bouchard, and Bovquist are who I think are who the nucks should focus on. 

I will firmly stand by this, Kotkaniemi and Bouchard will be the two players (if taken below 5/6) that most in a redraft will say should have been taken higher:

i have watched many games of both. Kotkaniemi is going to be the “how did he go there” of this draft,  Bouchard is everything the Canucks need if they are taking a dman. 

5 minutes ago, EuroCanuck said:

2016 shows how wrong fans are in evaluating players. I find it funny how many say this guy is the best, simply off reading an article / rankings / scouting report and watching a few YouTube highlights. 

In our area area from the players I’ve seen (and I haven’t seen the majority so it’s hard to compare), but of those I’ve watched Kotkaniemi, Bouchard, and Bovquist are who I think are who the nucks should focus on. 

I will firmly stand by this, Kotkaniemi and Bouchard will be the two players (if taken below 5/6) that most in a redraft will say should have been taken higher:

i have watched many games of both. Kotkaniemi is going to be the “how did he go there” of this draft,  Bouchard is everything the Canucks need if they are taking a dman. 

Can I borrow your crystal ball?

Archived