• Noah Dobson
    • Barrett Hayton
    • Oliver Wahlstrom
    • Brady Tkachuk
    • Other
  3. 3. Third Choice

4. 4. Do Not Want

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/22/2018 at 07:00 AM

My top 10

1 Rasmus Dahlin D
2 Andrei Svechnikov RW
3 Filip Zadina RW
4 Quinn Hughes D
5 Noah Dobson D
6 Adam Boqvist D
7 Jesperi Kotkaniemi C
8 Oliver Wahlstrom RW
9 Brady Tkachuck LW
10 Ty Smith D

Honestly be pretty happy with any of those guys.

On 6/21/2018 at 2:25 PM, -AJ- said:

One final analysis:

2018CDC Draft Rankings.png

The Final Top Three according to CDC's desires:

1. Quinn Hughes

2. Adam Boqvist

3. Noah Dobson

The three players who have jumped the most since I last did this analysis are:

1. Dobson

2. Hughes

3. Wahlstrom

Fans got what they wanted!

Well I wanted a forward and would have settled for Wahlstrom, however I did say this on Wednesday.

"There is no way we are not taking a forward in the 1st round. I just see too much of a gamble in the likes of Dobson, Bouchard and Boqvist. (the first two lack real speed and the the third lacks power imo) If forwards like Tkachuk, Zadina, Wahlstrom or even Valeno become available to us I think Jimbo snaps one up and looks further down at Nils Lundqvist for his elite D.

"Arguably Lundqvist might have played better than Adam Boqvist, Adam Ginning, and Filip Johansson, and was a revelation." 

Hughes would be the only exception to the above but I doubt he falls to us. He reminds me a bit of of what we might have with Jack Rathbone in his speed, skating and lateral agility."

So I think Jimbo has done a great job selecting Hughes I didn't think we had a chance at him and I thought there were question marks over the other Ds after Dahlin (except Hughes)

Does anyone else think who other teams didn't pick has actually rewarded us in the end? (Pettersson, Lind, Boeser, now Hughes and imo eventually Rathbone) Is this the hockey gods rewarding our patience? This is why I think Jimbo is worth his weight in gold.

11 hours ago, alfstonker said:

Well I wanted a forward and would have settled for Wahlstrom, however I did say this on Wednesday.

"There is no way we are not taking a forward in the 1st round. I just see too much of a gamble in the likes of Dobson, Bouchard and Boqvist. (the first two lack real speed and the the third lacks power imo) If forwards like Tkachuk, Zadina, Wahlstrom or even Valeno become available to us I think Jimbo snaps one up and looks further down at Nils Lundqvist for his elite D.

"Arguably Lundqvist might have played better than Adam Boqvist, Adam Ginning, and Filip Johansson, and was a revelation." 

Hughes would be the only exception to the above but I doubt he falls to us. He reminds me a bit of of what we might have with Jack Rathbone in his speed, skating and lateral agility."

So I think Jimbo has done a great job selecting Hughes I didn't think we had a chance at him and I thought there were question marks over the other Ds after Dahlin (except Hughes)

Does anyone else think who other teams didn't pick has actually rewarded us in the end? (Pettersson, Lind, Boeser, now Hughes and imo eventually Rathbone) Is this the hockey gods rewarding our patience? This is why I think Jimbo is worth his weight in gold.

I would love to believe in Karma....as I get older I really would. But I see some real d-bags in life (one guys name rhymes with Dump :ph34r:) being successful that leads me to think there is no such thing.

But maybe I will decide to believe in the hockey gods anyway lol.

19 hours ago, alfstonker said:

Jordan Schroeder and Hunter Shinkaruk 'falling' to the Canucks would then have to be examples of the hockey gods spitting in our faces.

On 06/19/2018 at 2:39 PM, Alflives said:

It might be Detroit who has to choose between Zadina (the fall boy) and Hughes (the American boy) at 6.  I would hope they take Zadina.  It would be great if JB got to choose between the rest of the Dmen, after Dahlin.

Wow!

Well projected Alf.

On 24/06/2018 at 7:28 PM, Team Bagues said:

Wow!

Well projected Alf.

That’s was a hell of a guess Alf!

Two quick thoughts on this...

We now know for certain which defenseman was top of our draft board.

Also, picking seventh probably did us a favour. If we’d been picking higher there would have been pressure to add another forward, but instead we got to pick the best available player at a position of need.

Funny how things work out sometimes...

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/2/2018 at 12:26 AM, Rodishred said:

Just for the record... Like many of you, I've been fip flopping a number of times over the past 3 weeks.  I haven't watched many of the youtube highlights on the prospects in this poll, but I've been reading plenty of articles from different blogs/sports media chain 'experts' and of course cdc armchair gm's!... Which means I'm more confused then when I started researching!  Here goes nothing.

1.) Hughes

2.) Tkachuk

3.) Kotkaniemi

Probably need to edit a couple more times before draft... Regardless really looking forward to it.  I didn't pick 'I don't want'.  When it comes to hockey, Benning knows a hell of a lot more than I.

Just figured out how to look back on my old posts.... I know, not up on how to navigate on here, because I mostly lurk. :)

Anyway I'd forgot who I'd picked as my first choice (because I changed my mind at least 4-5 times).  Glad my official choice was correct.  Other choices went before #7 pick anyway.  All good!  Q.Hughes rocks!

Archived