• Noah Dobson
    • Barrett Hayton
    • Oliver Wahlstrom
    • Brady Tkachuk
    • Other
  3. 3. Third Choice

4. 4. Do Not Want

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/22/2018 at 07:00 AM

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

That would be GREAT news for us, if these two guys move into the top five.  

Dahlin

Sven

Zadina

Hayton

Kotkaniemi

Tkatchuk.

Then, at 7, we would get to choose the best of the Dmen - in JB's mind.  That's great!!!!!!

The Hockey Writers top 2018 draft fallers also has Tkachuk falling a few spots from 4 to 7

BPA (mine anyway) ;)

1. Tkachuk (added toughness, grit and skill, will be very beneficial in the playoffs, put him on Pettersson's wing)

2. Hughes (excellent skater, fast, smart, a player the Canucks do not have, but need)

3. Wahlstrom (skill, scoring, can never have enough)

4. Dobson (Canucks need D, I like him better than Boqvist and Bouchard)

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Is JD Burke an expert of some kind?  Is this his view, or the views from scouts?

he and the Canucks Army are numbers guys, so sometimes they are bang on with their draft profile projections and others are misses, like their expectation on Lukas Jasek, which was low and he was written off and they recently admitted to it too... 

1 minute ago, NUCKER67 said:

BPA (mine anyway) ;)

1. Tkachuk (added toughness, grit and skill, will be very beneficial in the playoffs, put him on Pettersson's wing)

2. Hughes (excellent skater, fast, smart, a player the Canucks do not have, but need)

3. Wahlstrom (skill, scoring, can never have enough)

4. Dobson (Canucks need D, I like him better than Boqvist and Bouchard)

Nice list, I would put Dobson above Wahlstrom just because we do need more top end D prospects in our system...  Hughes would be crazy good for the prospects we have now, speed for days and jumping into the play and Dobsons overall defensive play with offence added in, could go either way with either of these guys...  and Tkachuk, what more needs to be said, if he is there, the Canucks would be crazy to pass up on another Tkachuk boy, can you imagine how well he would get under the oppositions skin?  If we somehow end up with Tkachuk, I am going to every LA game and get seats behind the penalty box so I can hear him and Doughty jawing at each other up close and personal

5 minutes ago, Sugar baby watermelon said:

Nice list, I would put Dobson above Wahlstrom just because we do need more top end D prospects in our system...  Hughes would be crazy good for the prospects we have now, speed for days and jumping into the play and Dobsons overall defensive play with offence added in, could go either way with either of these guys...  and Tkachuk, what more needs to be said, if he is there, the Canucks would be crazy to pass up on another Tkachuk boy, can you imagine how well he would get under the oppositions skin?  If we somehow end up with Tkachuk, I am going to every LA game and get seats behind the penalty box so I can hear him and Doughty jawing at each other up close and personal

He's a longer body than his bother.  I wonder if he could be turned into a center?  He could be a friggin' steal at 7 if he plays center.  

Then trade Tanev to the Islanders for 11 or 12.  We could get a Dman there.  

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

He's a longer body than his bother.  I wonder if he could be turned into a center?  He could be a friggin' steal at 7 if he plays center.  

Then trade Tanev to the Islanders for 11 or 12.  We could get a Dman there.  

If we land him, wonder how long it would be before he gets into a scuffle with his brother?

1 minute ago, Sugar baby watermelon said:

If we land him, wonder how long it would be before he gets into a scuffle with his brother?

I wouldn't mind if we took Brady T, but seeing him go to the Oilers could be great for the Battle of Alberta!

27 minutes ago, Sugar baby watermelon said:

Tkachuk would become an instant fan favourite, any time our younger, slighter guys (Pettersson, Goldobin, etc) get whacked and hacked, in steps Brady. Him and Virtanen would help keep things in check.  I'd be okay if they took Dobson over Wahlstrom too, that could go either way. The Canucks have lacked swagger (since 2011), when they had Bieksa, Burrows and Kesler. Since then, they've gotten softer, management trying to fill holes with veteran UFAs (which hasn't worked great). Tkachuk would give us a bit more of that swagger and gritty attitude. The Sedins were great guys, super nice and all that, but I'm done with being nice.  

My picks

1. Boqvist - younger player, has the offensive flair that you need from a smallish player

2. Wahlstrom - BB v.2.0 except for bigger?

3. Dobson - large defenseman who does everything right, sounds a lot like Ohlund to me and he was a great Canuck.

Honourable Mention - Hughes

I like all of these players so and would not be disappointed with any of them

DNW = Tkatchuk - I haven;t been impressed with the selfish undisciplined antics of his brother and would expect much the same with this one.

Boqvist

Hughes

Dobson

Don't actually have anyone I outright don't want, so just picked a random guy I feel probably goes closer to 15+.

I'd love to move something around Tanev @50% to CHI for their 8th and take Hughes at 7, Dobson at 8 (yes, bypassing Boqvist) and basically draft our possible future top pair. They're all close enough in ability IMO. 

58 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Tkachuk would become an instant fan favourite, any time our younger, slighter guys (Pettersson, Goldobin, etc) get whacked and hacked, in steps Brady. Him and Virtanen would help keep things in check.  I'd be okay if they took Dobson over Wahlstrom too, that could go either way. The Canucks have lacked swagger (since 2011), when they had Bieksa, Burrows and Kesler. Since then, they've gotten softer, management trying to fill holes with veteran UFAs (which hasn't worked great). Tkachuk would give us a bit more of that swagger and gritty attitude. The Sedins were great guys, super nice and all that, but I'm done with being nice.  

Yeah if Tkachuk falls I have a hard time passing him up. I am falling madly in love with Noah Dobson but Tkachuk is an emotional leader but he is far more humble and respectful then his brother.

A D would be nice but if you look at most contenders they typically don't have more then 1 D man in the top 10 of a draft.  Quality D can be added in the later first or early second.

Adding Brady's truculence could be a big boost to our clubs morale when the opposing team tries to intimidate us. Having guys who can stand their ground and make a statement gives all the players confidence. I feel we may need that to battle through the adversities that lie ahead between us and our next playoff series win.

^ with all that said though. I really like Dobson and he could be a physical presence on the Blueline. I have confidence his abilities would greatly help our team. I don't think we can go wrong with either Tkachuk or Dobson.

I feel like the 4 D talked about it doesn’t really matter which one we get everybody seems okay with all of them, Boqvist is the only one that seems to either be highly praised or highly red flagged maybe read a bit of red flags on Bouchard as well, but I’m pretty sure as long as it’s one of them 4 dmen and we are more than likely only getting the choice of 2 of them our fan base isint going to have complaints as it’s had in the past I for one am never going to complain about a benning draft choice again as he made me look like an idiot last year, just be thankful we aren’t going off the bored taking Jankowski in the first round 

i for one have the dmen ranked dobson Hughes Boqvist Bouchard and only recently had Boqvist moved down a spot because of so called concussion and about 2 months ago had Bouchard as my guy that’s how close I feel this group is 

dont get me wrong i think the big homerun swing is boqvist I’m just tired of injury prone dmen in van 

5 minutes ago, LegionOfDoom said:

I feel like the 4 D talked about it doesn’t really matter which one we get everybody seems okay with all of them, Boqvist is the only one that seems to either be highly praised or highly red flagged maybe read a bit of red flags on Bouchard as well, but I’m pretty sure as long as it’s one of them 4 dmen and we are more than likely only getting the choice of 2 of them our fan base isint going to have complaints as it’s had in the past I for one am never going to complain about a benning draft choice again as he made me look like an idiot last year, just be thankful we aren’t going off the bored taking Jankowski in the first round 

i for one have the dmen ranked dobson Hughes Boqvist Bouchard and only recently had Boqvist moved down a spot because of so called concussion and about 2 months ago had Bouchard as my guy that’s how close I feel this group is 

dont get me wrong i think the big homerun swing is boqvist I’m just tired of injury prone dmen in van 

Yup, after (maybe even including) 3, I'll be pretty happy with any of the D (or the forwards for that matter) as they're all THAT close IMO.

I've got guys I prefer but without being able to interview them etc it's largely 6 of 1, half dozen of the other.

Chances are, we're getting a GOOD player.

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

Yup, after (maybe even including) 3, I'll be pretty happy with any of the D (or the forwards for that matter) as they're all THAT close IMO.

I've got guys I prefer but without being able to interview them etc it's largely 6 of 1, half dozen of the other.

Chances are, we're getting a GOOD player.

Exactly Jim is going to rank them off interviews because I’m almost positive that’s the biggest thing to him is character Player’s over talentented Player’s when it comes to this pedigree 

Archived