• Noah Dobson
    • Barrett Hayton
    • Oliver Wahlstrom
    • Brady Tkachuk
    • Other
  3. 3. Third Choice

4. 4. Do Not Want

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/22/2018 at 07:00 AM

1. Dobson

2. Hughes

3. Kotkaniemi

1. Sounds like he's an all-round guy with no real holes in his game and his mobility is excellent, especially in defending off the rush.

2. He's up there as well, depending who's available.  Absolute elite skating, and would ignite the offense.  Size and D may be an issue, so needs a good partner.

3. Pretty much if the other top D are gone.

Starting to sour more and more on Boqvist.  The concussions and pundits starting to question his defence and ability to handle pressure, and his comparative numbers are not spectacular for where he's played.  He probably goes high based on upside, but let someone else take the gamble.

25 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

1. Dobson

2. Hughes

3. Kotkaniemi

1. Sounds like he's an all-round guy with no real holes in his game and his mobility is excellent, especially in defending off the rush.

2. He's up there as well, depending who's available.  Absolute elite skating, and would ignite the offense.  Size and D may be an issue, so needs a good partner.

3. Pretty much if the other top D are gone.

Starting to sour more and more on Boqvist.  The concussions and pundits  tarting to question his defence and ability to handle pressure, and his comparative numbers are not spectacular for where he's played.  He probably goes high based on upside, but let someone else take the gamble.

Posted this in a different thread but it's a real good listen.

52 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

Can I borrow your crystal ball?

As I said let’s come back to this post once the top ten are able to be judged in a few years.  I’ve watched both of those  players a great deal. 

If you’d like to add something intelligent happy to converse.

1. Hughes

2. Dobson

3. Kotkaniemi/Wahlstrom

Would not be upset with any of these players. I'd say Tkachuk is my #1 choice but I just can't see him being there at 7 therefore I didn't include him. Good chance Hughes is gone also

Do not want - Boqvist 

33 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Posted this in a different thread but it's a real good listen.

Canucks army lol. This guy is basically reading message boards about Bouchard and saying he can’t skate.

I watched about 25 London Knights games and Bouchard is an above average skater. They knock is as a comparison to Dhalin, Hughes, Bovquist he is not at that level.

indeed a number of scouting reports from respected groups have said he is an above average skater as well.

If he could skate like Dhalin he would be challenging for number 1. I think people need to learn to separate inter draft comparison from “generalization”.

Bouchard or Kotkaniemi will be the two that many say in a few years, wow how did he get taken past 5?

15 minutes ago, EuroCanuck said:

As I said let’s come back to this post once the top ten are able to be judged in a few years.  I’ve watched both of those  players a great deal. 

If you’d like to add something intelligent happy to converse.

haha intelligence is something that is overlooked in cdc. 

I just find it contradictory when one says that we shouldn't judge the upcoming draft until afterwards, and then says that certain players should be taken higher in a redraft later.

Hence the crystal ball, since you seem to know what will happen in a redraft, when the draft hasn't even occurred yet...intelligence? Or fan perspective.

18 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

haha intelligence is something that is overlooked in cdc. 

I just find it contradictory when one says that we shouldn't judge the upcoming draft until afterwards, and then says that certain players should be taken higher in a redraft later.

Hence the crystal ball, since you seem to know what will happen in a redraft, when the draft hasn't even occurred yet...intelligence? Or fan perspective.

Cool story 

1 hour ago, Baer. said:

Crazy to think somebody on this website voted Brock Boeser for "do not want"

They were probably jealous of his hair. 

For me: 

1. Hughes - takes over the game with puck possession and transitions the puck up the ice like no one else in the draft. (Brian Leetch)

2. Kotkaniemi - Likely to be on the level of Rantanen, but as a 2-way centre (Jonathan Toews) 

3. Boqvist - very good offensive defensemen, but his skillset might not be as useful as Hughes once our team is filled out. (Erik Karlsson-lite)

19 minutes ago, Sugar baby watermelon said:

Craig Button said by his final ranking he wouldn't be surprised if Barrett Hayton was in the top 5 along with Kotkaniemi

That would be GREAT news for us, if these two guys move into the top five.  

Dahlin

Sven

Zadina

Hayton

Kotkaniemi

Tkatchuk.

Then, at 7, we would get to choose the best of the Dmen - in JB's mind.  That's great!!!!!!

Archived