The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

March 8, 1979

Babarnikov2

On 5/9/2018 at 5:27 PM, Father Ryan said:

For the 75-76, 76-77 and 77-78 teams, their AVERAGE season works out to a record of 59W - 9.67L - 11.3T; GF 361, GA 176. That 78-79 team was actually the worst of their 4 in a row team. That we lost 11-1 to one of those teams, as bad as we were in the '70s, really isn't a surprise.

And those great Hab teams won without gimmicky overtime and shootout wins. All regulation outright wins.

The better scenario to watch would be to see that MTL team play ANY modern NHL team. The game has evolved so much since then that most modern NHL teams would be a challenge for that team, as good as they were. The game has been so hybridized that the Habs would have a hard time keeping up with modern players.

LOVE those uni's!  I beloved them. :wub:

Just needed a little tweeking. Take off the pants graphic repeat V. Too much of a good thing.

I wish we could see them in black, green and blue.

And just to counter weight that games result at least somewhat:

5 hours ago, kilgore said:

LOVE those uni's!  I beloved them. :wub:

Just needed a little tweeking. Take off the pants graphic repeat V. Too much of a good thing.

I wish we could see them in black, green and blue.

And just to counter weight that games result at least somewhat:

Black doesn't go with both green and blue. I would go with navy blue as the primary with green and white with Johnny Canuck on the arms.

On 5/7/2018 at 1:37 PM, Slegr said:

Today’s Jets or Bolts wouldn’t survive against that old team. Take away all the extra padding on today’s players, give them wooden sticks and basic skates and they’d get outworked and outspanked by our 70s team.

Not to mention that the current teams wouldn't have the same rules protection as they do in today's game. Differences in checking and basic physicality and holding guys up.

All of this being said, the Canucks did win a playoff game vs the Flyers that season, but lost 2-1 in the series. 

regards,  G.

Archived