The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Captain Bo or Typo?

lumberman

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 8:29 PM, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Obviously the guy has the scoop before anyone else.

And that’s why Holger Stolzenberg is the most trusted name in Canucks news.

You got to know when to Holger, know when to Stolzen...berg, know when to walk away, know when to run.

giphy.gif

On 05/05/2018 at 6:50 PM, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I think they operate by Klingon rules....Horvat challenged McDavid for the captaincy and won.  Everybody else moves up in rank.  Next time maybe McDavid should have that tantalus field device installed.

Bo would be a better captian than McDavid simply because he is way way better at tv commercials.

On 05/05/2018 at 7:12 PM, Baggins said:

Holger Stolzenberg

Journalism & Publications Teacher Clark County School District & Sports Writer for Pro Hockey Rumors

Las Vegas, Nevada

I'd say he's making an assumption.

Lol, this is coming from a crappy public school district teacher here in Vegas... 

19 minutes ago, Crimson-JH said:

Lol, this is coming from a crappy public school district teacher here in Vegas... 

Those who can do. Those who can't teach (or misquote an actual journalist). :lol:

Everyone seems to acknowledge that he will be the captain of the Canucks, IMO he shouldn't be yet. Too many interviews with this team not winning, too much pressure to answer the same questions about not winning.

IMO give the "C" to Sutter for the next year or two, keep the pressure off Horvat, give him an "A". True leaders don't need a letter.

50 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Everyone seems to acknowledge that he will be the captain of he Canucks, IMO he shouldn't be yet. Too many interviews with this team not winning, too much pressure to answer the same questions about not winning.

IMO give the "C" to Sutter for the next year or two, keep the pressure off Horvat, give him an "A". True leaders don't need a letter.

Or just don't name a captain until Bo/whoever is ready. There is no requirement to have someone wear the C, plenty of teams rock several A's until a captain emerges.

I'd rather have a committee than stopgap scapegoat Captain Sutter

On 2018-05-07 at 5:31 PM, Ronaldoescobar said:

I think in the eyes of the Jim and Trevor the C runs through Elder, Gudbranson, Eriksson and Tanev before hitting Bo but he will be there one day if he stays with the nucks. 

You're trolling right? Edler* is on his way out, no way he gets the C since he isn't apart of the long term future.. Also I would bet my left nut we don't name another Swedish player captain, after Naslund and Sedin it's time for a tough grinder type Capt. not soft finesse.

For that reason and the fact Eriksson has been a disaster signing, he definitely won't be getting a C on his chest.

Gudbranson hasn't been here long enough to get it either but would be a better choice than Edler/Eriksson.

Tanev I like a lot but from the sounds of things it doesn't look like he'll be here much longer since he could get us a nice return and he's definitely being shopped around, not the type of things you hear about a possible future captain.

my money's on Bo, but I wouldn't mind Sutter as a stop gap until Boeser gets older and take over if Bo isn't still in the running.

3 minutes ago, Quinn12 said:

You're trolling right? Edler* is on his way out, no way he gets the C since he isn't apart of the long term future.. Also I would bet my left nut we don't name another Swedish player captain, after Naslund and Sedin it's time for a tough grinder type Capt. not soft finesse.

For that reason and the fact Eriksson has been a disaster signing, he definitely won't be getting a C on his chest.

Gudbranson hasn't been here long enough to get it either but would be a better choice than Edler/Eriksson.

Tanev I like a lot but from the sounds of things it doesn't look like he'll be here much longer since he could get us a nice return and he's definitely being shopped around, not the type of things you hear about a possible future captain.

my money's on Bo, but I wouldn't mind Sutter as a stop gap until Boeser gets older and take over if Bo isn't still in the running.

It’s kind of easy to ignore posters who suggest Loui Eriksson should be captain.  

39 minutes ago, Quinn12 said:

Maybe putting they will put a C on Edler to increase his trade value? 

Archived