[Proposal] VAN-WSH

Here's my proposal...

To VAN:

Brooks Orpik, D, $5,100,000 cap hit, 2019-20 UFA

Philipp Grubauer, G, RFA next season

1st round draft pick

decent prospect?

To WSH:

Alex Edler, D, $5,000,000 cap hit, 2019-20 UFA ($1,500,000 retained salary)

With the Capitals signing Ilya Samsonov to an ELC, they may be looking to make some space for him as a backup for Holtby.

Brooks Orpik has a contract that the Capitals may be looking to get rid of, and with all the extra cap space, the Canucks could be a good fit.

Edler was added simply as a replacement for Orpik.

47 minutes ago, Canuck_Drums03 said:

Here's my proposal...

To VAN:

Dmitry Orlov, D, $5,100,000 cap hit, 2023-24 UFA

To WSH:

Michael Del Zotto, D, $3,000,000 cap hit, 2019-20 UFA

With the Capitals signing Ilya Samsonov to an ELC, they may be looking to make some space for him as a backup for Holtby.

Dmitry Orlov has a contract that the Capitals may be looking to get rid of, and with all the extra cap space, the Canucks could be a good fit.

Del Zotto was added simply as a replacement for Orlov.

Orlov is one of their top defensemen and Grubauer has a .923 save % over his career.

I can't imagine the Capitals having any reason to accept this 

I Would rather make a different trade and Orlov is signed for another 5 yr at 5.5 million...

Capital won't make this deal, They will trade Grubauer and get a decent return.

Islanders would be interested in one of the Capital goalies and Capitals will get a decent player back or draft picks...

No way Capitals make this trade......

25 minutes ago, HockeydownUnder said:

Orlov is one of their top defensemen and Grubauer has a .923 save % over his career.

I can't imagine the Capitals having any reason to accept this 

14 minutes ago, wildcam said:

I Would rather make a different trade and Orlov is signed for another 5 yr at 5.5 million...

Capital won't make this deal, They will trade Grubauer and get a decent return.

Islanders would be interested in one of the Capital goalies and Capitals will get a decent player back or draft picks...

No way Capitals make this trade......

meant to put Orpik instead of Orlov sorry about that.

We are keeping Edler, and extending him for three or four more seasons.  Edler and Guddy make an excellent top pair.  Tanev and Juiolevvi make a great second pair.  We are making the playoffs next season, with these four leading our D core.

Why would Washington do this?  If the goal is to get rid of Orpik they’d be far better off just buying him out. He’s have a cap hit of $2.5m in the first year and $1.5m in the second year. So that leaves them trading Grubauer, their 1st and a good prospect for Edler.  Not going to happen 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/7/2018 at 3:15 PM, Canuck_Drums03 said:

Here's my proposal...

To VAN:

Brooks Orpik, D, $5,100,000 cap hit, 2019-20 UFA

1st round draft pick

decent prospect?

To WSH:

Alex Edler, D, $5,000,000 cap hit, 2019-20 UFA ($1,500,000 retained salary)

Brooks Orpik has a contract that the Capitals may be looking to get rid of, and with all the extra cap space, the Canucks could be a good fit.

Edler was added simply as a replacement for Orpik.

Would rather do something really wacky, like:

As soon as the playoffs wrap or Washington is eliminated;

To Washington:

Michael Del Zotto

2018 5th round pick

To Vancouver

John Carlson - conditional on Carlson being willing to negotiate an extension with us.

Washington is going to be really tight and won't be able to keep Carlson without shuffling some guys around. This would give them some point production back at a reasonable cap hit. Might have to put something else into the deal, but Carlson would be a major upgrade to our D for the next 5 - 7 years.

On 5/8/2018 at 10:37 AM, Tyndall2 said:

Nobody wants Edler.  Let him play out his contract and send him packing.  

I want Edler.  He is getting older, but I have a feeling he would be willing to be paid less here because he's spent his entire career here, and he can be part of our resurgence.  He can drop down to a 2nd pairing role (where he belongs) if we can find a suitable 1st pairing replacement, and get paid accordingly.

I am not sure I'd be interested in the suggestion of having him for 3-4 years as that would make him 35-36 by the end of it, but perhaps 2 years at 2.5-2.75m I would be on board with.

We can make a play for Carlson on the right side this offseason, and a play for OEL for the left next offseason.

OEL Carlson

Edler Gudbranson

Tryamkin Stecher

Not so bad.  Lots of scoring and some good size in there.

This assumes, of course, Tanev ends up getting traded and Tryamkin comes back (which I actually think he will).  The fact is, I'd keep Tanev over Guddy any day.  Especially if Tryamkin DID come back.

On 5/7/2018 at 6:16 PM, Alflives said:

We are keeping Edler, and extending him for three or four more seasons.  Edler and Guddy make an excellent top pair.  Tanev and Juiolevvi make a great second pair.  We are making the playoffs next season, with these four leading our D core.

How Long until the 3 of our top 4 go down to injury though Alf. Can't go anywhere if they aren't playing. I say if we can move Edler and Tanev we do it.

2 hours ago, Ojibwa72 said:

How Long until the 3 of our top 4 go down to injury though Alf. Can't go anywhere if they aren't playing. I say if we can move Edler and Tanev we do it.

Okay, I’m good with that too. :towel:

Archived