The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elite Keeper League 2018-2019 - Official Draft Thread

Tigs

34 minutes ago, _arby_18 said:

May have to check the fountains in DC to see if the GML and FL champ is swimming in them following his big wins...  :lol:

So THAT'S who was the dude wearing the Ovie shirt dancing around with him in the fountain.

kind of expected Evil Knievel to pop out of a flaming hoop on a Shriners mini tiny bike flying a flag on it with your picks name fluttering in the middle of it to great reports of cannonfire and fireworks overhead. :gocan: and if i sound like a johnson, sorry. I mean it in pure gest! Its a busy week for everyone I think. 

Anyone else considering bailing on this due to a minority of people dragging out their picks on purpose?  I want to play this game, but generally when I play a game with people I don't make them wait while it's my turn to go. I am a bit nuts though, so I am just asking am I alone in this or am i representative of the majority?

I have made one pick in over a month, FFS. 

14 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

Anyone else considering bailing on this due to a minority of people dragging out their picks on purpose?  I want to play this game, but generally when I play a game with people I don't make them wait while it's my turn to go. I am a bit nuts though, so I am just asking am I alone in this or am i representative of the majority?

No.

15 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

Feel free to do whatever you feel you need to do @Primal Optimist - when this league was formed I made it very clear that the time limits wouldn’t start until after the IRL draft as multiple people have very busy schedules throughout June. I’m sorry to hear that you’re thinking of bailing on something that we intend to keep going for a long time. If you have any further questions, I would recommend you PM me as opposed to posting in thread and we can certainly discuss from there. 

Ya sure it would've been nice to have a few rounds done by now, but we have all summer to get this done and it won't be a problem once time limits come into effect.  Also will give us something to do in the dog days of fantasy hockey. 

47 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

Anyone else considering bailing on this due to a minority of people dragging out their picks on purpose?

You have proof of these accusations? If so, please send them to the comish team and we will handle it accordingly.

I'm sorry the draft is taking long, but I also think part of it is just this is the time of the year where everyone has something going on in their lives. Last week, I myself had 3 graduations/parties to attend and that alone took up most of my time several days of the week. It happens, we get it, and that's way there is a little bit of grace period right now with the time. When the time limits set in, I can only imagine this thing will get rolling. 

But:

36 minutes ago, Primal Optimist said:

only 1065 selections to go, literally, as of right now we need to average 11.64 picks a day to get to Sept 15th goal of being done. 

Okay thanks for listening. Cheerio. 

We get it. The draft is slow right now and you haven't picked in awhile. We feel you and here you, but you made your point the first time, you don't need to stroke the flames a 2nd time. That is not going to make your pick come faster.

To the thread, if you have a busy week/next couple of days coming up and don't know if you will be around, I'd recommend sending a list to anyone on the comish team. We'd be happy to make your pick for you and it will certainly speed up time. I'm sure that's easier than say, us having to hunt down the location of your daughter's dance recital and calling you out on the loudspeaker, right @Mike Vanderhoek:P

Accouncement: One thing that we overlooked initially was in regards to contracts for pending UFA's and RFA's that have yet to sign a contract IRL. In order to simplify things, all contracts signed IRL between the dates of June 13th-September 30th will apply to any player that has been taken with no current contract.

For example, if John Tavares were to sign an 8 Year x 10.000M deal in real life between the aforementioned dates, John Taveres' contract in EKL would also be an 8 Year x 10.000M deal even though @kj29 has already selected him. 

Hopefully this doesn't mess with anyone's long term plans too badly, and apologies for us taking a while to rectify this situation.

6 minutes ago, Tigs said:

Accouncement: One thing that we overlooked initially was in regards to contracts for pending UFA's and RFA's that have yet to sign a contract IRL. In order to simplify things, all contracts signed IRL between the dates of June 13th-September 30th will apply to any player that has been taken with no current contract.

For example, if John Tavares were to sign an 8 Year x 10.000M deal in real life between the aforementioned dates, John Taveres' contract in EKL would also be an 8 Year x 10.000M deal even though @kj29 has already selected him. 

Hopefully this doesn't mess with anyone's long term plans too badly, and apologies for us taking a while to rectify this situation.

What about contract extensions signed such as if Columbus signs Sergei Bobrovsky to an extension tomorrow beginning in 2019-20.

Just now, Caboose said:

What about contract extensions signed such as if Columbus signs Sergei Bobrovsky to an extension tomorrow beginning in 2019-20.

Extensions will not apply as there will be ample opportunity to work out a contract with important 2018-2019 UFA's/RFA's. This will give you the opportunity to determine whether or not you may or may not agree with an IRL value and or possibly change the terms on a deal. For example, if Bobrovsky did sign an extension in the off-season with Columbus (or possibly another team) and it was an 8 year deal with a full NMC, most GM's would likely not want this to apply as a NMC for that long severely handcuffs their long term flexibility. 

Archived