The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2018 Young Stars Classic

13 minutes ago, The Great 8 said:

I think Dahlen is our second best prospect. He has that goal scorers ability. The skating, hands, IQ, Speed, shot. Reminds me a lot of how Pastrnak and kucherov play. 

Yes I agree. He may very well bump Goldy into the waiver wire.

1 hour ago, UticaHockey said:

Tanner MacMaster was very impressive as a late season addition for the Comets on an ATO.  Great vision and solid puck distributor. Looking forward to seeing what he can do with a full season in the AHL. 

Wow agreed, i really liked his game tonite. 

People talking about Dahlen's skating being good is good, cause one of the bigger question marks to his game was his speed a year ago. So it goes to show that he knew what he needed to work on and improved on it. I really liked his game so far, his chemistry with Pettersson and Lind bodes well for this season. Whether it be expanding on that chemistry in the NHL with Pettersson or expanding on it with Lind in the AHL.

We all know Pettersson has skills but to me this tournament showed the best for Gaudette and Dahlen. Gaudette should make the Canucks. He plays a style every coach wants from their players. Hard nosed 200ft smart plays all the time. He is an absolute steel. Gaudette the "man of steel" heard it here first! Dahlen could start in Utica and work on some defensive stuff while getting used to the NA rink. His offence, skating, speed, shot, hockey IQ, all look NHL ready. Pettersson can be a lethal weapon at times. I think he is still just getting a feel for NA ice and playing style. I expect him to have a strong camp and make the team. Juolevi looks real close. I think he probably starts in Utica. Lind, Palmu, and Gadjovich bring the kind of depth qualities that make a good team great. I really hope we land Jack Hughes in 2019 Vancouver. After that watch the F out!!!

Trent Cull is going to have a real tough decision for Utica managing the rookies.  Lots of strong showings this weekend.  And if they continue you through main camp, Johnson, Cull and Co will have to find an interesting way to manage them all.

Simply way too many forwards and Dman vying for spots and regular ice time.  Going to be interesting seeing which ones take the bait and run with it and who may stagnate or regress.

2 hours ago, kenhodgejr said:

We all know Pettersson has skills but to me this tournament showed the best for Gaudette and Dahlen. Gaudette should make the Canucks. He plays a style every coach wants from their players. Hard nosed 200ft smart plays all the time. He is an absolute steel. Gaudette the "man of steel" heard it here first! Dahlen could start in Utica and work on some defensive stuff while getting used to the NA rink. His offence, skating, speed, shot, hockey IQ, all look NHL ready. Pettersson can be a lethal weapon at times. I think he is still just getting a feel for NA ice and playing style. I expect him to have a strong camp and make the team. Juolevi looks real close. I think he probably starts in Utica. Lind, Palmu, and Gadjovich bring the kind of depth qualities that make a good team great. I really hope we land Jack Hughes in 2019 Vancouver. After that watch the F out!!!

The Euro's and US.-boyz are going to make the Canucks great again..:gocan:

I am sure someone pointed it out already but EP cleanly won 4 faceoffs last game and that should put him over 50% on the night....Gaudette however was not so great in FO circle...he lost 4-5 draws that I seen.

We may need winger wins on these draws, but mostly I think they don't need to win every draw they have the moxy to get the puck back anyway...

19 hours ago, Canuck Drogo said:

It’s so nice to hear someone else say this. My friends are getting sick of my Dahlén love lol! 

Honestly his his game is tailor made for the new NHL. He’s going to notch a lot of goals for us. 

And to top top it off he’s got such a positive personality. In the video of Lind mic’d up, Dahlen was hilarious. His teammates and fans will love him. 

That video brought up my excitement a LOT. I hope those three can have an opportunity to be a line for the Canucks in the future, you could just feel that chemistry. Lind is a beauty from SW Sask. A hard working, positive, hilarious guy.

13 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

Maybe he uses a crazy flex... 

I don't think so given how quick his release is.  Crazy flex would draw out the release as the blade travels further.  Regardless of how he does it, it still takes strength to load up a shot that heavy.  The stick only transmits the energy, it doesn't create it.

14 hours ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

I am sure someone pointed it out already but EP cleanly won 4 faceoffs last game and that should put him over 50% on the night....Gaudette however was not so great in FO circle...he lost 4-5 draws that I seen.

We may need winger wins on these draws, but mostly I think they don't need to win every draw they have the moxy to get the puck back anyway...

Yeah I noticed Gaudette doing not so good on the dot as well (other than that he was a beast).

If he makes the team I think he’ll likely be the third line centre. This could allow him the luxury of having Sutter on his wing who can then take a bunch of the draws until Maholtra trains him to hopefully be a beast at that as well :)

Archived