The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

WCF: (C2) Winnipeg Jets vs. (P1) Vegas Golden Knights | Golden Knights win series 4-1

2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Conference Finals   

140 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Jets in 4
    • Jets in 5
    • Jets in 6
    • Jets in 7
    • Golden Knights in 4
    • Golden Knights in 5
    • Golden Knights in 6
    • Golden Knights in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/15/2018 at 12:00 AM

18 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Doubtful at this point. They've defied everyone, and they look better than either one of their potential opponents. Parade will be in Vegas, a city who didn't know what hockey was until 6 weeks ago

And ignorant comments continue...

9B36DBFE-ACE6-4648-AEDD-006D38505590.jpeg

1 minute ago, Qwags said:

This is truly the dankest timeline. This offseason is going to be spicy.

U talking about nux? I am optimistic.  Whoever they draft, i think Pettersson is the real deal, and might be better than BB. Maybe nux can get some Vegas players.  They will all want a pay raise. 

22 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

No, every team owner got their cash grab for this expansion. They are happy. Fans, not so much. 

the next Seattle team will probably be better than nux too. 

Well if they do the expansion the same way they probably will be better than the Canucks right outta the gate. That’s why I’m saying the immediate success from the Golden Knights probably changes the way the expansion draft is done next time.

2 minutes ago, copperlynx said:

There are 7 Canadian teams out of 31. I this league is fair and level, one of them should win once every 5 years on average. It is now 25, since Hubs did it in 1993. The rest is words.

Doesn't work that way when many if the teams were not contending for a long time (leafs until this yr for example).  Since habs won, many teams went to cup final and could have won. Oils, nux x 2, flames (should have wok if they had replays of the goal in game 6), Sens.  Nux lost both game 7, but they could have won both in an alternate universe. 

11 minutes ago, copperlynx said:

There are 7 Canadian teams out of 31. I this league is fair and level, one of them should win once every 5 years on average. It is now 25, since Hubs did it in 1993. The rest is words.

I don't know about averages but I would guess it's gonna get a whole lot worst soon with Seattle arriving as the next charity expansion city.

Ya gotta think more cities in America are gonna lineup in bigger numbers now to bid for their charity expansion team too.

1 minute ago, flickyoursedin said:

Well if they do the expansion the same way they probably will be better than the Canucks right outta the gate. That’s why I’m saying the immediate success from the Golden Knights probably changes the way the expansion draft is done next time.

Perhaps if all the owners filed a protest. But Bettman said publically a month or two ago that they will keep the same rules since it worked so well for Vegas.  

I just got back from the official viewing party, what a wild (and hot) day! 

Now it’s time to reveal this epic artwork I created last two nights! 

Congratulations to our Golden Knights advancing to the Stanley Cup Final, thank you Winnipeg and Canada for the great series! 

4 more wins!!!!

A69CA702-3A65-403A-98D2-259A814640A8.jpeg

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Im sorry that kind of fandom doesn't happen over night get over yourself 

maybe not like die hard fans, but fans can be bandwagoners, people who discovered hockey for the first time, kids who watched third first hockey playoffs etc.  The point is, they are watching and supporting them, not pretending.  Winning attracts fans, and Vegas never had a Pro team.  I am happy they are doing well. It is good for NHL too. 

34 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Doubtful at this point. They've defied everyone, and they look better than either one of their potential opponents. Parade will be in Vegas, a city who didn't know what hockey was until 6 weeks ago

One can be hopeful right?

Archived