The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

WCF: (C2) Winnipeg Jets vs. (P1) Vegas Golden Knights | Golden Knights win series 4-1

2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Conference Finals   

140 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Jets in 4
    • Jets in 5
    • Jets in 6
    • Jets in 7
    • Golden Knights in 4
    • Golden Knights in 5
    • Golden Knights in 6
    • Golden Knights in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/15/2018 at 12:00 AM

30 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

I guess? It's gone now for me. They rolled over the West and didn't even have a difficult time doing it. 

You have a very good point. I'm going.to hang on to my faint glimmer of hope that the team out of the East wins it all.

49 minutes ago, Losing With Pride said:

Well an all star goalie helps!

That's all you need.  Surround him with good players. They can score too. But they showed during regular season with 4 goalies that they play a great team game. 

39 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I’m totally shocked Vegas beat the Jets in 5, and won 4 in a row to do it.  Are they like the Kings of 2012?  They have a super hot goalie, and (luckily) injury free.

I was watching the game today and thinking how banged up Nucks were in 2011 when all was said and done. Health has a lot to do with a teams run. L.A's first cup was like that too. Hardly an injured player on the Kings that year.

47 minutes ago, rekker said:

I was watching the game today and thinking how banged up Nucks were in 2011 when all was said and done. Health has a lot to do with a teams run. L.A's first cup was like that too. Hardly an injured player on the Kings that year.

Not sure we could've been the Kings even with a fully healthy Daniel Sedin but it hardly helps when your leading goal scorer still probably has some after effects from the flying elbow to the head by Duncan Keith.

14 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Not sure we could've been the Kings even with a fully healthy Daniel Sedin but it hardly helps when your leading goal scorer still probably has some after effects from the flying elbow to the head by Duncan Keith.

I hear you. I meant more that if Nucks are healthy incl Malhotra and Samuleson we beat Boston. But really I'm not in the mood to go there. Time to let it go had passed years ago. We probably have a team win the cup this year that didn't exist a years ago. For those of you that can embrace that I commend you. I however, am jealous and envious. I'm getting older and more crotchety and I want a &^@#in cup and a parade on Robson. 

3 hours ago, PistolPete13 said:

Consider this.... Every team that Vegas has played so far has likely sat players out that they kept in favour of guys on the team that Vegas used to beat them.

Wrong, protecting 8 skaters or 7 forwards and 3 defencemen and one goalie from 30 NHL teams is a formula for instant success.

The previous expansion draft rules were each allowed to protect either one goaltender, five defensemen, and nine forwards or two goaltenders, three defensemen, and seven forwards.

I don't think it's fair to blame the draft rules.  Even going into preseason when Vegas had already picked their players, did all their trades....they were still expected to suck.

If the draft rules were the problem.  Everyone would be going on how strong they looked on paper going into the season.

I think Vegas will be a hot game when they visit next season.  Hope we get them for a Saturday night.

NHL wants a strong team in Vegas right away, because almost everyone in the US knows that city. I would be surprised if even a half of the American TV audience's aware that Winnipeg exists somewhere on a map.  (

Yes, Knights were the better team. They were given a preferential treatment to build a winner, comparing to all other expansion teams. 

1 hour ago, 6string said:

Wrong, protecting 8 skaters or 7 forwards and 3 defencemen and one goalie from 30 NHL teams is a formula for instant success.

The previous expansion draft rules were each allowed to protect either one goaltender, five defensemen, and nine forwards or two goaltenders, three defensemen, and seven forwards.

Um no, not wrong. I was not talking about the previous draft rules. I was simply stating that some GMs protected players that have still not produced at the level that the likes of Brayden McNabb have.

If you consider that the WHA teams were  de facto expansion teams, I would say the “expansion” rules you hold so dear weren’t always in place. 

43 minutes ago, BCNeil said:

I don't think it's fair to blame the draft rules.  Even going into preseason when Vegas had already picked their players, did all their trades....they were still expected to suck.

If the draft rules were the problem.  Everyone would be going on how strong they looked on paper going into the season.

I think Vegas will be a hot game when they visit next season.  Hope we get them for a Saturday night.

Exactly. Everyone looked at that roster at the beginning of the season and saw a bottom 5 team. Now everyone's claiming this isn't supposed to be a surprise because the exp draft rules set them up for success. Nobody, including the VGK management group, could've predicted all of the breakout seasons their players would have and the instant team chemistry. 

DxlEpB7r_bigger.jpgChris JohnstonVerified account @reporterchris
FollowFollow @reporterchris
More

Reminder: The #VGK were given a 2nd-round pick to take Marc-Andre Fleury, Jonathan Marchessault to take Reilly Smith, Alex Tuch to take Erik Haula, Shea Theodore to take Clayton Stoner and a 1st and 2nd to take William Karlsson and David Clarkson’s contract.

6:51 PM - 20 May 2018

50 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

Um no, not wrong. I was not talking about the previous draft rules. I was simply stating that some GMs protected players that have still not produced at the level that the likes of Brayden McNabb have.

If you consider that the WHA teams were  de facto expansion teams, I would say the “expansion” rules you hold so dear weren’t always in place. 

McNabb was often elevated to top 4 pairing during injuries and suspensions, he was an asset in LA's organization. The expansion rules I listed were for the most recent Minnesota and Columbus in 2000 which allowed both Nashville 1998 and Atlanta 1999 to protect ALL of their PLAYERS.

WHA - omg!

46 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:
More

Reminder: The #VGK were given a 2nd-round pick to take Marc-Andre Fleury, Jonathan Marchessault to take Reilly Smith, Alex Tuch to take Erik Haula, Shea Theodore to take Clayton Stoner and a 1st and 2nd to take William Karlsson and David Clarkson’s contract.

Isn’t it ironic how all those players that other teams were wanting VGK to pick are the ones burning and tearing it up ? 

1 hour ago, Mackcanuck said:
More

Was there any chance that VGK wasn't going to take MA Fleury? I'm confused as to why the Pens had to give them a 2nd to do that. 

hopefully travis green and company has been watching how vegas plays.   one on one puck seeking not chasing AGRESSIVE in all areas of the ice with a blue collar team will win the knights a cup this season.     we just need markstrom to get redhot and have the best year of his career in 2018-19 lol

Archived