The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

WCF: (C2) Winnipeg Jets vs. (P1) Vegas Golden Knights | Golden Knights win series 4-1

2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs | Conference Finals   

140 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Jets in 4
    • Jets in 5
    • Jets in 6
    • Jets in 7
    • Golden Knights in 4
    • Golden Knights in 5
    • Golden Knights in 6
    • Golden Knights in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/15/2018 at 12:00 AM

2 hours ago, Mackcanuck said:
DxlEpB7r_bigger.jpgChris JohnstonVerified account @reporterchris
FollowFollow @reporterchris
More

Reminder: The #VGK were given a 2nd-round pick to take Marc-Andre Fleury, Jonathan Marchessault to take Reilly Smith, Alex Tuch to take Erik Haula, Shea Theodore to take Clayton Stoner and a 1st and 2nd to take William Karlsson and David Clarkson’s contract.

6:51 PM - 20 May 2018

Fire all those GMs.

1 hour ago, Butters Stoch said:

Was there any chance that VGK wasn't going to take MA Fleury? I'm confused as to why the Pens had to give them a 2nd to do that. 

The Penguins were worried that there were too many goalies available - teams could only protect one.  They wanted to make sure that Vegas takes him and his 5.75M cap hit.  His NMC also limited their options to trade him.  They needed cap relief and didn't want to continue with two starters.  

Fwiw a few months later he said he would have also waived for the Flames but was happy to be in Vegas.  Apparently Rutherford had a trade in place at the TDL but Calgary decided to not pull the trigger.

9 hours ago, mll said:

The Penguins were worried that there were too many goalies available - teams could only protect one.  They wanted to make sure that Vegas takes him and his 5.75M cap hit.  His NMC also limited their options to trade him.  They needed cap relief and didn't want to continue with two starters.  

Fwiw a few months later he said he would have also waived for the Flames but was happy to be in Vegas.  Apparently Rutherford had a trade in place at the TDL but Calgary decided to not pull the trigger.

Flames are SO STUPID. 

11 hours ago, burrardstreetbullies said:

hopefully travis green and company has been watching how vegas plays.   one on one puck seeking not chasing AGRESSIVE in all areas of the ice with a blue collar team will win the knights a cup this season.     we just need markstrom to get redhot and have the best year of his career in 2018-19 lol

Nilsson looked pretty hot in WHC. Maybe keep that Swede instead.

I see a TBay Cup.  Vegas has done well, but their only top five pick is MAF.  Yes, he’s the main reason for their success, but TBay has Hedman and Stamkos as their top picks.  They will win the Cup, because a team can’t win the Cup without these guys.

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I see a TBay Cup.  Vegas has done well, but their only top five pick is MAF.  Yes, he’s the main reason for their success, but TBay has Hedman and Stamkos as their top picks.  They will win the Cup, because a team can’t win the Cup without these guys.

Maybe. Maybe. If TB can finish out tonight and get some rest. If not my money is on Vegas. It's an unstoppable force at this point. Lol.

On 2018-05-20 at 10:18 PM, 6string said:

McNabb was often elevated to top 4 pairing during injuries and suspensions, he was an asset in LA's organization. The expansion rules I listed were for the most recent Minnesota and Columbus in 2000 which allowed both Nashville 1998 and Atlanta 1999 to protect ALL of their PLAYERS.

WHA - omg!

Thanks for making  my point for me.

The Kings gave McNabb to VGK. McNabb helped VGK beat the Kings. And what defenseman did the Kings protect instead of McNabb?  How much better did that defenseman perform than McNabb in this year’s playoffs?

I still don’t get why you are referring to previous expansion drafts. Perhaps VGK told the NHL that they would not fork over the huge bucks in order to get shafted like the previous expansion teams did. It is not a bad thing to actually negotiate these things.

The NHL may actually have needed the Vegas franchise more than than Vegas needed the NHL.

Nobody was complaining about the rules last fall and nobody predicted that the VGK would steamroll the league and make the SCF..

Who cares if Nashville and Atlanta got to keep all of their players in 2000? How many NHL players did the Canucks lose this year? ONE. My god what a huge difference! :rolleyes:

9 hours ago, PistolPete13 said:

Thanks for making  my point for me.

The Kings gave McNabb to VGK. McNabb helped VGK beat the Kings. And what defenseman did the Kings protect instead of McNabb?  How much better did that defenseman perform than McNabb in this year’s playoffs?

I still don’t get why you are referring to previous expansion drafts. Perhaps VGK told the NHL that they would not fork over the huge bucks in order to get shafted like the previous expansion teams did. It is not a bad thing to actually negotiate these things.

The NHL may actually have needed the Vegas franchise more than than Vegas needed the NHL.

Nobody was complaining about the rules last fall and nobody predicted that the VGK would steamroll the league and make the SCF..

Who cares if Nashville and Atlanta got to keep all of their players in 2000? How many NHL players did the Canucks lose this year? ONE. My god what a huge difference! :rolleyes:

Expansion teams paying huge bucks is relative from the 70's as it is today and you feel they get to set the rules now not the NHL. Seattle will benefit as well with these same rules who will be in our division ( Coyotes to Central ).

The NHL *needing YOUR chosen franchise location is ludicrous, many were concerned about the purge from the draft, the media covered it very well with the many possibilites.

Las Vegas may have a cup in year one, Vancouver zero!

Archived