The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

5th Annual CDCFL Entry Draft (2018 Edition)

Nail

From the Vancouver Canucks Draft headquarters table at the  CDCFL Entry Draft 2018, thank you to Dallas Stars GM Tony Romo and AGM Dak Prescott, on behalf the organization I would like to thank our Commissioner Nail for running such a smooth nicely oiled fantasy hockey league with enough intrigue, action and pure hockey fun, and of course the entire Executive Committee. Well done folks. All of you deserve a standing ovation.

Vancouver Is very happy to be able to select the man who was at the top of our 'short list' for the duration of the nail biting past several picks, and with good reason. The first player to join the QMJHL of the Canadian Hockey League with exceptional status, from the Drummondville Voltigeurs, put your hands together for all six feet one inches and 195 pounds of hockey smarts with the skills to match.....

is one of the smartest players in the draft class. One of the reasons he was granted exceptional player status in 2015 was because his two-way game was developed beyond his years. That still holds true. It is evident with every shift that he processes the game at a higher level than most

is a very skilled player both with and without the puck. His skills are on display every shift. His ability to hit teammates on seam and path through traffic is elite level. He can find teammates in stride through a maze and hit them on the tape. His vision and passing ability are excellent. 

JOE VELENO!!!!!!

ep_90_veleno,_joseph_(70)_2018-01-27.jpg 

JoeVeleno.jpg

image.jpg

5 goals and 6 assists in ten games in the Q playoffs, four seasons in the Q to date and he is just 18 years old, folks, it doesn't get any better to draft this calibre at 14th. Thank you.

So glad to sum up quickly but I hope I managed to convey my smile at drafting a player who plays at the top of his sport and age and a Canadian, born in Montreal, in the first 2 weeks of Y2K while I was getting desert sand in my black cadillacs and earning my shar of the Nobel Peace prize awarded to the United Nations Peacekeepers. It warms my heart, and now you are up ser:  @Tigs

Archived