The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Trading up

How about swapping with Detroit?  I hear that the Wings are hot on Bouchard, if Hughes is still on the board at 6th it might be worth it.  But make no mistake, the price would be steep. We would have to make it worth for Detroit.  PLEASE no one suggest Hutton, Baer, or Granlund.  I'm thinking a second or third.

2 hours ago, Dungass said:

How about swapping with Detroit?  I hear that the Wings are hot on Bouchard, if Hughes is still on the board at 6th it might be worth it.  But make no mistake, the price would be steep. We would have to make it worth for Detroit.  PLEASE no one suggest Hutton, Baer, or Granlund.  I'm thinking a second or third.

I'm thinking why even bother because your reasoning makes no sense. First of all why pay the price to move up one spot when the player we will get at 7 can be just as good. Secondly, if the wings like Bouchard and he is still there at 6 they will take him at 6 and we can pick Hughes anyways. What did you smoke before you posted this?

5 hours ago, EagleShield said:

It's no secret that we are going to be looking for a blueliner at the draft this year. However, looking at their respective rosters, I see reason for concern that picks 4-6 will be used on D prospects (assuming the top 3 of Dahlin, Svechnikov and Zadina go as advertised) as all 3 of Ottawa, Arizona and Detroit have better forwards in the pipeline than defence.

What do you think it would cost to move up 2 or 3 spots?

To Ottawa: 7th overall, Baertschi

To Vancouver: 4th overall

That may stand a chance but I would rather keep #7 and trade Baertschi for nother pick if at all possible.

8 hours ago, Nucksfollower1983 said:

I'm thinking why even bother because your reasoning makes no sense. First of all why pay the price to move up one spot when the player we will get at 7 can be just as good. Secondly, if the wings like Bouchard and he is still there at 6 they will take him at 6 and we can pick Hughes anyways. What did you smoke before you posted this?

Now, now, play nice.  I'm thinking the shoe was on the other foot last year, when we were close to trading down with Vegas.  Pattersson was our man, Glass was Vegas's guy, but a deal was almost made anyways.  Benning wanted to trade down and gain a couple of assets while getting his Elias, while McPhee wanted to be in the position of not letting anyway else take Glass. Trade fell through when the Rangers swapped with the Coyotes and started sniffing around Pettersson.  I don't think this is exactly without precedent.

On 14/05/2018 at 7:28 PM, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Yeah I haven't looked at the Sens payroll but I wonder if eating one of their contracts (so as long as it ain't like a real long-term one) might entice the Sens?

Rumour is that Bobby Ryan is the cap dump they were looking to make

3 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

If it helps us trade up why not? 

Well you are correct we should do it if it helps us but I am not sure it would.

Tkatchuk goes 4th. So If we trade up Benning won't take Brady he'll go off the board and take a dman. I am not sure if the difference between the 4th spot dman or the dman taken at 7th is any different.

Moving forward Burrows eats ice time from a potential rookie. I wouldn't do it.

Plus it's not 2011.

1 hour ago, Chris12345 said:

Well you are correct we should do it if it helps us but I am not sure it would.

Tkatchuk goes 4th. So If we trade up Benning won't take Brady he'll go off the board and take a dman. I am not sure if the difference between the 4th spot dman or the dman taken at 7th is any different.

Moving forward Burrows eats ice time from a potential rookie. I wouldn't do it.

Plus it's not 2011.

I would expect Burr to be the 13th F, and a good guy to have around for the kids for work ethic etc. 

All depends if Jim see's Boqvist as a grade above all the other D. 

On 2018-05-14 at 5:28 PM, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Yeah I haven't looked at the Sens payroll but I wonder if eating one of their contracts (so as long as it ain't like a real long-term one) might entice the Sens?

They want someone to take Bobby Ryan. Good luck with that.

Archived