The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Hurricanes open to dealing everybody but Sebastian Aho

I'm curious what Carolina is looking for. Are they looking for pieces to get them into the playoffs or do they think they're rebuilding/re-tooling? There are several players I would be interested in, but it all depends on what they're looking for. Aside from the obvious players that most would want and would cost an arm and leg, I'd be interested in players like Kuokkanen or Fleury.

8 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

I wanted him over Pettersson last draft (glad I'm not the GM :lol:).

He's undoubtedly one of the top NHL-affiliated prospects in the world. I could dream all day about acquiring him. 

IIRC, I had them both at 7 and 8... or maybe it was 6 and 7. Necas first for me as well (so don't feel bad :lol: ).

They were and continue to be excellent prospects.

I think there are a fair number of players (besides Aho) that, if available, would be worth acquiring.

After Victor Rask's step back last season, I wonder if the Canes would be willing to part with him for less.  If the Canucks were interested in Backlund from Calgary, then maybe they might have interest in Rask.

Elias Lindholm would also be a good pick up but the price would likely be higher.

Hanifin or Slavvin would be amazing pick ups, though I would be inclined to go with Slavvin between the two.  On a stronger team, I think Slavvin could be a very reliable top-3 or 4 D.  The price for either would likely be very, very high though.

4 minutes ago, vinny_in_vancouver said:

I'd be all for them moving to Seattle so that we don't need to lose any of our players.

Expansion is going to happen so losing a player is inevitable. I want Quebec to get a team because they deserve one and the only way they are going to get one with Seattle expansion likely is with a relocation. Carolina is definitely in my top 5 teams I don't pay attention to so it would be nice for them to move to Quebec so I can get hyped for their rivalry with Montreal and Boston.

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I'd take him over Baer.... and you can never have enough Fins ^_^

He'd be a big upgrade on Baer, but we'd have to add to make it work.

Tanev?

:bigblush:

Archived