The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Hurricanes open to dealing everybody but Sebastian Aho

2 hours ago, Brad Marchand said:

Headed for the gutter? It's been in the gutter for the better part of the last decade now.

Also, Slavin or bust.

The sad thing is the Canucks have been in that gutter with them for several years now too... :(

On topic...

We'll take Jordan Staal and Lee Stempniak for Loui Eriksson and Sam Gagner.

Oh wait, this is 2018 right?  Nevermind.

2 minutes ago, mll said:

If Hanifin is available Edmonton offers 10th overall and Montreal would offer 3rd overall.

I could definitely see the Oilers offering 10th to get Hanifin.  I doubt the Habs would put up 3rd though.  

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I could definitely see the Oilers offering 10th to get Hanifin.  I doubt the Habs would put up 3rd though.  

Hanifin playing alongside Weber - they do that deal. 

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Habs need help at foward, and D.  However, I see them picking the top forward there at 3.  It might even be Tkachuk. 

At C.  At 3rd - it's wingers and their need is a C1 and a LD1.

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I still don't see a team coughing up 3 overall for Hanifin.  Maybe if Carolina added?

They'll have to make the equation work but Weber will mentor him into a top pairing D.  He played a big role in the development of Nashville's D as well as Jones.  They talk of how he was always giving them advice on how to improve - all the little things that are so important.

I am rather surprised by this announcement. I figured Hanifin would be a no go. Maybe they didn't include him on the list to try and get teams calling.  Speed things up if a guy like Hanifin is made available.  We would have to give up a very good piece to acquire him.  I would do the 7th overall but they would likely want roster players or high-end near ready prospects back.  I can see Hanifin being on the block for a potential top line C.  Similar to a Seth Jones for Markus Johanson. The issue is there is not any available unless Edmonton decides to move Draisaitl. Could you imagine?

CAR

Leon Draisaitl

EDM

Noah Hanifin

Chiarelli likes to make big deals. Carolina wants to drastically reshape their roster and got an old GM back on the big stage. Waddell hasn't been afraid to make a big deal in his tenure in Atlanta. 

4 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

According to Bob McKenzie on Toronto’s TSN 1050:

“There’s one guy on the team that they’re not prepared to trade – Sebastian Aho,” indicated McKenzie. “Everybody else – everybody else – is available. Skinner, you name it… Skinner is getting moved, I would think…"

“… Everybody except for Aho (is available). I think Faulk is very much in play, I think Skinner is very much in play."

Source: https://www.tsn.ca/radio/toronto-1050/bob-mckenzie-says-kyle-dubas-has-work-to-do-for-leafs-to-improve-1.1085174

So offer them something for all their players except Aho and see if they bite.....they have some good ones.    A sort of 22 for 1 sale.

I'd trade our 7th pick for Hanifin and as big a small add as we can get.  He would fit in perfect with our team, and be starting to hit his prime in 2 years when we are looking to win. Carolina would then be able to pick from Wahlstrom, Kotkaniemi, or possibly Tkachuk to help with their forward core.

4 hours ago, Fanuck said:

Waddell trying to clean house & put his stamp on the team? 

Waddell in charge? They're probably going to relocate......

The last time he was in charge of, moved to Winnipeg...maybe Carolina moves up to Quebec!! :P

Archived