The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Signing) - Oilers sign Vaxjo Lakers D Joel Perrson

Al-mo

1 hour ago, Al-mo said:

A tweet from Ryan Rishaug: https://twitter.com/TSNRyanRishaug/status/996706514055417856

A shame, he might have been a nice add.

5'11''

170 lbs

Right shot

34 pts in 51 GP last season.

While I agree that it would have been nice to sign him, keep in mind that his stats are heavily inflated due to being the PPD with Elias on the best team in the SHL. However, it certainly would have been neat to give Elias a buddy, though I suspect his personality will fit right in with the Canucks locker room.

TBH, I think a lot of players just want to make a career for themselves, and not have to follow another player around (i.e. Brandon Tanev, Pettersson) to do so. Besides, there may or may not be any room.

1 hour ago, Guile said:

While I agree that it would have been nice to sign him, keep in mind that his stats are heavily inflated due to being the PPD with Elias on the best team in the SHL. However, it certainly would have been neat to give Elias a buddy, though I suspect his personality will fit right in with the Canucks locker room.

He had 24pts on the PP (regular season) - 2nd on the team in PP points after Pettersson who had 26.

Archived