The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Signing) - Oilers sign Vaxjo Lakers D Joel Perrson

Al-mo

4 hours ago, Quantum said:

I was rooting for the Canucks to sign him. I'm a little disappointed in the Canucks lack of Euro/NCAA signings this year. Benning honestly could and should be doing more on that front.

I wonder if the Holm/Rodin treatments have soured Euro players on the Canucks (for now)?!?

What if players Benning was looking at didn’t want to sign here? Contract discussions go both ways you know. 

11 hours ago, Pepe Silvia said:

The Sedins/Anson Carter effect already taking place. That guy owes Elias a beer. :P

Yeah, considering that just over a year or so ago, he was still playing in Sweden’s Div 1 and 2 (basically low level semi-pro) while paying the bills working as a teacher’s assistant. Gets a call from Växjö, finishes the SHL season as one of that league’s top players, and now he owns an NHL contract. Pretty amazing. I’m sure playing with Elias helped (and he deserves that beer) but Persson also deserves a tonne or credit for what he’s accomplished in such a short time.

16 hours ago, Guile said:

While I agree that it would have been nice to sign him, keep in mind that his stats are heavily inflated due to being the PPD with Elias on the best team in the SHL. However, it certainly would have been neat to give Elias a buddy, though I suspect his personality will fit right in with the Canucks locker room.

Or was Elias stats inflated because of his;) 

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to (Signing) - Oilers sign Vaxjo Lakers D Joel Perrson

Archived