To Toronto :

Chris Tanev and Ben Hutton

To Vancouver :

Jake Gardiner and 2018 2nd round pick

To Edmonton :

Jake Gardiner and Brandon Sutter

To Vancouver :

Ryan Nugent - Hopkins

Toronto gets their shutdown defenceman to play with Rielly. Edmonton gets their power play quarterback and penalty-killing centre. Vancouver gets a playmaking centre to play with Boeser and another draft pick.

Thoughts?

40 minutes ago, Schmautzie said:

Not sure if this has been proposed before but here goes:

To Toronto :

To Vancouver :

To Edmonton :

To Vancouver :

Ryan Nugent - Hopkins

Toronto gets their shutdown defenceman to play with Rielly. Edmonton gets their power play quarterback and penalty-killing centre. Vancouver gets a playmaking centre to play with Boeser and another draft pick.

Thoughts?

I think you could probably get Edmonton to accept a straight swap of RNH for Gardiner so you would be looking at Tanev and Hutton returning RNH and a 2nd which would be a very acceptable deal IMO. RNH was a 1st line centre until McDavid arrived and has averaged 56 pts per 82 games over his career. Having Bo and RNH as your 1-2 or 2-1 centres will allow Pettersson to play wing until he can prove/disprove he can play centre at the NHL level.

A RNH for Gardiner swap may be appealing to the Leafs though as they will need to find a replacement for Bozak.

10 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

I think you could probably get Edmonton to accept a straight swap of RNH for Gardiner so you would be looking at Tanev and Hutton returning RNH and a 2nd which would be a very acceptable deal IMO. RNH was a 1st line centre until McDavid arrived and has averaged 56 pts per 82 games over his career. Having Bo and RNH as your 1-2 or 2-1 centres will allow Pettersson to play wing until he can prove/disprove he can play centre at the NHL level.

A RNH for Gardiner swap may be appealing to the Leafs though as they will need to find a replacement for Bozak.

Having Horvat and RNH as our top 2 centers arent going to win us a cup.

3 minutes ago, NuckForReal!!! said:

Having Horvat and RNH as our top 2 centers arent going to win us a cup.

Surround them with the right supporting cast and I think you might be surprised. Were there 2 centres that anyone thought Vegas had to get them to the WCF? and maybe a SC?

1 hour ago, kloubek said:

What good does a second 2nd line center do for us?  (Or do you believe he is going to improve to be a 1st line center?)

We aren't at the point where we need quantity anymore.  We need quality.

Yes I do believe RNH is a first line quality centre who would be a great fit with Brock Boeser on his wing. Plus he just turned twenty five. 

It would also allow Bo Horvat to play the second line centre role to which he is more suited.

1 hour ago, Schmautzie said:

To Toronto :

To Vancouver :

To Edmonton :

To Vancouver :

Ryan Nugent - Hopkins

Thoughts?

I predict Hurricanes will trade Justin Faulk to Oilers for RNH..

Edmonton - Faulk very offensive D man only 25 yrs old..

Hurricanes - RNH - centre they need and new coach Brind'Amour will want..

Trade happens before draft day..

Needs that both teams really need and both the same age..

3 hours ago, Schmautzie said:

To Toronto :

To Vancouver :

To Edmonton :

To Vancouver :

Ryan Nugent - Hopkins

Thoughts?

I’m okay with us giving up Sutter and Tanev, but then the Coilers return Draisatl.  Considering Sutter by himself is a more valuable asset than RNH, I believe Draisatl in return for Sutter + Gardiner is more fair.

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

I’m okay with us giving up Sutter and Tanev, but then the Coilers return Draisatl.  Considering Sutter by himself is a more valuable asset than RNH, I believe Draisatl in return for Sutter + Gardiner is more fair.

I would prefer Draisatl over RNH as well but I don’t think even Chiarelli would go for that.

4 hours ago, mll said:

Gardiner 52 pts in 82 games and a cap hit of 4.05M + a 2nd round pick

vs

Hutton 6pts in 61 games and Tanev 11pts in 42 games and a combined cap hit of 7.3M

Is that advanced math?  :lol:

5 hours ago, mll said:

Gardiner 52 pts in 82 games and a cap hit of 4.05M + a 2nd round pick

vs

Hutton 6pts in 61 games and Tanev 11pts in 42 games and a combined cap hit of 7.3M

Not sure how this is relevant. Toronto had a great regular season but lost in the first round of the playoffs mainly because of a porous defence. Tanev’s value is not measured by his offensive production. He would fill a need that the Leafs have to deal with if they want to be a serious Stanley Cup contender.

8 hours ago, Schmautzie said:

To Toronto :

To Vancouver :

Did you not watch Gardiner in the playoffs?

So Tanev + Hutton + Sutter for RNH + low 2nd (50s)?  Yuck, probably wouldn't do Tanev straight up for RNH, and they may not either.

Archived