Canucks Community

[Report] Elias Pettersson to sign with Canucks after IIHF World Championships

58 minutes ago, wildcam said:

I agree they have some clowns on 1040 now.....rate 7

Pratt with his team = okay 6-9am rate --4.5

clown Team from 9 - noon

Taylor noon to 3 okay.. rate 7

clowns 3pm - 6 == rate 5

Listen to 650 sportsnet,  very good station ... 10am  Seth and then at noon its Canuck lunch 

Rintoul and his team = 

Yeah I agree. Ive been liste ing to 650 since it launched. But I have to say I don't like Walker very much. He is annoying and says dumb things.

2 hours ago, Hamhuis Hip Check said:

Lets please avoid this stuff.... thats what leaf fans do 

Was making a joke :rolleyes: But didn't know we appointed you as the moral arbiter of what Canucks fans did and didn't do. 

11 hours ago, Squamfan said:

1.  Ryan Henderson Retweeted

We are hearing rumblings that #Canucks super prospect Elias Pettersson may spend another year in Sweden with Vaxjo where he won a championship and MVP honours this season. We'll discuss off the top of our show at 3 pm, hear from Swedish hockey insider @MikeZanier

51 replies18 retweets22 likes

I like the "Canucks Super Prospect" part lol. I don't ever recall him or anyone else ever refer to a propsect as a super prospect lol

9 hours ago, HOFsedins said:

Yeah I agree. Ive been liste ing to 650 since it launched. But I have to say I don't like Walker very much. He is annoying and says dumb things.

Walker's comments on 650 are akin to Sekeres' comments on 1040 - they try to get a rise out of you by being contrarian, but there is some thought and reasoning to their opinions. 

If you want annoying and dumb, listen to Pratt in the morning - Ovechkin isn't a great player in his eyes. 

Also, when I listen to Sports Radio, I hope to learn something;  listening to Statler and Waldorf in the morning on 1040, the first thing I heard this morning was a 7-minute interview and ad spot for hottubs.  :(

Elias seems like a smart young guy, and it's pretty evident that not returning to Sweden next season would be better for his career, as he obviously is aiming for the NHL. And what is left for him to accomplish there anyways? He almost won every team and individual award he possibly can in his one season with Vaxjo. He already slayed those dragons. I'd be very surprised if he doesn't move on to the next challenge, be that AHL or NHL.

And anyways, Sekeres is a knob.

1 minute ago, richado said:

Elias seems like a smart young guy, and it's pretty evident that not returning to Sweden next season would be better for his career, as he obviously is aiming for the NHL. And what is left for him to accomplish there anyways? He almost won every team and individual award he possibly can in his one season with Vaxjo. He already slayed those dragons. I'd be very surprised if he doesn't move on to the next challenge, be that AHL or NHL.

And anyways, Sekeres is a knob.

Sekeres and all the TSN people are Canuck's haters.  They always look for negative stuff to say about our team, now they lost the radio broadcast rights.  Their station is a joke!  Brother Jake...seriously!  How the heck is that guy even on a sport's radio station?  Sekeres talks about his days as an "athlete".  He makes me laugh.  

8 hours ago, Top Sven Baercheese said:

The broken thumb is frustrating. I guess this is why GMS and ownders hate when players participate in these events

I'd say GMs and owners hate when their player gets injured, but like it when they play against high level competition, and love it when their player excels against that competition.

Archived