The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Trudeau Government Believes ISIS Terrorists Have A “Right To Return” To Canada

GM

35 minutes ago, Toews said:

There is a case to be made that the OP really enjoys being dunked on... repeatedly.

After being ridiculed for the above piece of work, the OP decided to post this thread...

And that blew up spectacularly in his own face. Finally...

Well that didn't work out too great either. The OP will disappear for a few months, then come back for another beatdown... like clockwork. :lol:

Forums are partly for spreading information. When it comes to politics, people believe what they want, so It's a complete waste of time debating unless you have a lot of time to kill like you apparently do.

I post articles and people can take what they want out of it.

Good luck.

18 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Oddly enough, I seem to recall reading somewhere that back in "your last uber police action [Vietnam]" that there were about as many (if not moreso) Canadian citizens that volunteered to fight for the American side there compared to draft dodgers that came to this country (I guess a form of 'free trade' back then :P).

That war was a clusterf*ck that the politicians lied to get us into.  Kinda like Iraq, but at least with Iraq, we didn't have to retreat.  We just had to sink over a trillion dollars into it. :wacko:

3 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

That war was a clusterf*ck that the politicians lied to get us into.  Kinda like Iraq, but at least with Iraq, we didn't have to retreat.  We just had to sink over a trillion dollars into it. :wacko:

Actually the really funny thing is, after all the death & destruction on that country during that 'police action' (Vietnam), I pretty sure I read a study where of all the countries in the world, Vietnam actually had one of the highest favorable opinions of America today!  Though I suspect part of that has to do with the emergence of China as a world power.

This just means the intelligence agencies really need to ramp into overdrive.  

In this day and age where almost everything is captured via pictures, video, audio, etc.... that somehow someone can spend years without any shred of evidence of what they're doing... the government needs to really need to deeply investigate suspected terrorists going overseas and returning.

I wish those terrorists would get blown up overseas by a cruise missile, but I can settle for them being behind bars until the end of their days.  

35 minutes ago, GM said:

Forums are partly for 1.  spreading information. 2.  When it comes to politics, people believe what they want, so 3.  It's a complete waste of time debating unless you have a lot of time to kill like you apparently do.

4.  I post articles and people can take what they want out of it.

Good luck.

1.  Information is fine.  But when The Rebel and Sheila Gunn Reid and Ezra Levant are your sources for information, you're doing nothing but spreading lies and misinformation.  SGR being known to love and sympathize with white supremacists, and Ezra Levant known to be a liar as evidenced by his now 4 cases of defamation and his begging and pleading for the courts to understand he is not a reporter just an entertainer.  Which was amusing after he BEGGED Trudeau to force the UN to allow his team to attend UN meetings.

2.  When it comes to politics yes they do believe what they want, but that also means they are open to hearing differing opinions.  You just keep posting the exact same things which are debunked again and again and again.  Belief is one thing, rhetoric and dogmatic lies are another.

3.  it is a waste of time, yet you keep reposting the same stuff.  Again and again and again.  There can not be debate when people refuse to believe the information is "fake news" because it doesn't conform to their precious values

4.  Again, you post The Rebel and intentionally cherry picked articles that eventually get explained better.  You do not post the inevitable counterpoint or the afterwards, only the dog whistle.  That is not an article, it is toilet paper that not even the most hardcore Tim Hortons customer would wipe their arse with before flinging it.

35 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Actually the really funny thing is, after all the death & destruction on that country during that 'police action' (Vietnam), I pretty sure I read a study where of all the countries in the world, Vietnam actually had one of the highest favorable opinions of America today!  Though I suspect part of that has to do with the emergence of China as a world power.

Funny how that happens.  I don't think that it's so much China as it is that the Vietnam War generation is dying out and the younger generations mostly know the US through movies/TV and the tourists that have been going there for years now.

They also know that the US population was and still is overwhelmingly against what happened there.  People should have gone to prison for starting that war.

5 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Okay...and then what?

Then they can’t come back to Canada. 

And then I presume either yourself or another users follow up question will be something along the lines of, “Where will they go then? Whose problem will it become?”

And my answer is, I don’t care. It won’t be ours. 

1 minute ago, Roger Neilson's Towel said:

Then they can’t come back to Canada. 

And then I presume either yourself or another users follow up question will be something along the lines of, “Where will they go then? Whose problem will it become?”

And my answer is, I don’t care. It won’t be ours. 

That's not an answer then. 

12 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

If they're Canadian citizens, they should be brought back to stand trial for their crimes.

What good does it do to "expel them" from the country? Then they go back into the enemies' hands.

You trust our court system with that? The article states they have trouble collecting evidence to even bring it to trial. 

2 hours ago, nuckin_futz said:

If you can prove that in court then I fully agree with you. Often the government cannot prove anything apart from they were in Syria which is not a crime.

It's not what you think, it's what you can prove.

If you can prove it then lock em up for ever.

Not to troll, but just to clarify: you're saying that if we can prove that a Canadian did join ISIS, then they should be allowed to come back here but only to be locked up forever?

Archived