The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Trudeau Government Believes ISIS Terrorists Have A “Right To Return” To Canada

GM

Just now, RUPERTKBD said:

Great point. The problem with "leaving Assad to deal with them" is that it leaves them free to carry out more attacks, quite possibly on North American targets. Far better to lock them up and throw away the key, IMO.

its pretty selfish to think we don't have a role in helping to keep the world safe too, we're not entitled to the only safe bubble on the globe. 

The really scary ones imo are the home grown nut jobs who we don't know about yet, whether they have become terrorists or just losers like the guy in Toronto, these are the people we have to figure out how to identify the most. The ones that we know about who are trying to come home can be tracked by CSIS are  closer to solved problems than the self-radicalized ones. 

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

its pretty selfish to think we don't have a role in helping to keep the world safe too, we're not entitled to the only safe bubble on the globe. 

The really scary ones imo are the home grown nut jobs who we don't know about yet, whether they have become terrorists or just losers like the guy in Toronto, these are the people we have to figure out how to identify the most. The ones that we know about who are trying to come home can be tracked by CSIS are  closer to solved problems than the self-radicalized ones. 

Agreed. I'm not sure how we'd even go about identifying these guys. If they're smart enough to leave no indication of what their plans are....

One thing I always suggest in the "shootings" threads is a more careful watch on those convicted of violent crime, like assault and more specifically domestic assault. These are the disenfranchised losers who will carry out violent attacks to "get back" at society, or those whom they perceive as having wronged them.

It probably won't have any effect on a true religious zealot, but it could do some good in cases like Toronto, or these cases where losers target their exes, or even their own children, just to hurt their exes.

53 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Agreed. I'm not sure how we'd even go about identifying these guys. If they're smart enough to leave no indication of what their plans are....

One thing I always suggest in the "shootings" threads is a more careful watch on those convicted of violent crime, like assault and more specifically domestic assault. These are the disenfranchised losers who will carry out violent attacks to "get back" at society, or those whom they perceive as having wronged them.

It probably won't have any effect on a true religious zealot, but it could do some good in cases like Toronto, or these cases where losers target their exes, or even their own children, just to hurt their exes.

Very important to have uncover agents infiltrating radical organizations...  Pay cash for intel. 

Then lock em up forever if they are plotting a terror act. 

27 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Does Canadian law allow for this?

you can get a life sentence for terror activities. I'd like to see the dangerous offender status be amended to include terror as well, that way you could potentially "lock them up forever".

Archived