The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 1st-round draft pick's career ruined by video game addiction

On 18/05/2018 at 6:33 AM, N7Nucks said:

Player was recently drafted and is in Junior. 2-3 years is fairly recent but not recent enough that this would not have come out sooner if it were Juolevi. Juolevi is no longer in Junior either, so I imagine, again, this would have come out before he left.  Not to mention he had a really solid couple years in Junior. I wouldn't consider Vancouver very, very prominent. Outside of our little bubble no one cares about us. Not enough to call us a very, very prominent team.

I agree with you. I would even say 4 years is recent.  And I only say this cause I'm putting my money on Josh Ho Sang.  From not being picked for team Canada's juniors two years in a row, to being sent home from Islanders camp for sleeping in.  He has a ton of skill but just can't seem to use it consistently.  It must be video game addiction! lol

23 hours ago, 24K PureCool said:

Lol , 1am is nothing. Especially if we are talking about an addiction. 

It's something, when they have curfews.

He also openly admitted said that he stays up until 6am playing video games, in the off-season.

• 3 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, Rosalie73 said:

The words "very, very prominent team" disqualify the Habs. So the player is not a part of the Habs' organization.

Original 6 team with the record for most Stanley Cups and a large fanbase?  Bergevin/Julien might be doing their best to destroy the team but I'm not sure how the most storied franchise in the NHL isn't prominent.

1 hour ago, Apple Juice said:

What did the guy tweet @-Vintage Canuck-? Seems like he/she deleted it

That guy was claiming the prospect with video game addiction is Juolevi. The tweet made it sound very legit, but Jeff Marek shot it down and said it isn’t Juolevi within 30 minutes of the tweet tweeted out,

• 2 months later...
20 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

My guess has been Michael dal colle. His career has been less then productive.

There’s a big video game tournament in town.  I heard prize money is 24 million.  Maybe, this young hockey player will turn video game pro?  Bad for hockey, but good for the kid if he’s great at it?  

Archived